A Conversation for Old Time Radio - Radio Theatre

Dear Editors,

Post 1

Misk

Hi there, I just wanted to say that I really like what you have done with my article. It has been improved no end. Many thanks. I do have just one question and I hope that this is OK... The link you have placed on the 1970's, as far as i can tell it has nothing to do with The CBS Radio Mystery Theatre. I am not complainning, just curious as to why it was linked back to that article?

Once again Many thanks for all your efforts

Paul

Dear Editors,

Post 2

Sam

Hiya Misk,

Many thanks for your kind words - very much appreciated. smiley - smiley And congratulations on an excellent article as well. I can see your point about the 1970s link - it's not immediately relevant. But we sometimes link to other Edited Guide Entries that have a tangential relevance to the Edited Guide Entry they link from. The '1970s' was mentioned, and we have an entry that's relevant to that, even though it's not necessarily relevant to the main entry itself. It just means we can kind of replicate the random beauty/diversity of what the Guide is all about (as seen in the sometimes very weird collections of five entries on the front page) by having links that take the reader on a potentially unexpected journey! smiley - smiley

Dear Editors,

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Nice article! smiley - ok

I'm a little disappointed that you missed "The Shadow" out from the list of great American shows, though... Any chance of adding it if there's a future update? smiley - grovel

Dear Editors,

Post 4

Misk

Sam Writted
"...But we sometimes link to other Edited Guide Entries that have a tangential relevance to the Edited Guide Entry they link from. The '1970s' was mentioned, and we have an entry that's relevant to that, even though it's not necessarily relevant to the main entry itself. It just means we can kind of replicate the random beauty/diversity of what the Guide is all about (as seen in the sometimes very weird collections of five entries on the front page) by having links that take the reader on a potentially unexpected journey..."

Misk Writted.
That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up

Dear Editors,

Post 5

Misk

Peet,

Thanks. About the Shadow... I deserved to be slapped for that. The Shadow is one that I have listened too on more than 100 occassions. I don't remember if there was a reason for leaving it out.

I am sure insperation will intervene and I will update this eventually.. If i can work out the protocol for doing so, I will add The Shadow. My original plan had been to work on entries for each of the shows I mentioned or search the guide for them. I do know that there is at least one entry for the Shadow in the edited guide.

Thanks for your feedback.

Paul

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Old Time Radio - Radio Theatre

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more