This is the Message Centre for Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

an advert is doing my head in

Post 1

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

im watching tv and messaging, and there is an avert for toy,r us.
-
its on mostly at xmas or holiday times. and one sentence is doing my head, in.
-
near the end is what sounds like
-
"quote" "there are plenty of "justin"all under one roof"."unquote"
-
i know its not justin, so what the heck is it.
-
,dragon> jimbob

Post 2

ive heard it so many times, i dont know why i wrote justin,
-
it sounds like "jefery"lol

Post 3

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

"Geoffrey says there's millions all under one roof."

smiley - ok

Post 4

but who,s geoffery, im confused

Post 5

The giraffe.

Post 6

they could make the advert more sence,its not mentioned in the main avert, i would have expected the word, "bargains"makes more sence. thanks at least it will stop bugging me now.

Post 7

In the advert you see Geoffrey and his little helpers smiley - ok

I think this is where he first turned up:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/info/geoffreys_magical_place_tv.jsf

Post 8

serenity

Im sick of the 'go compare' ad. That tenor voice is just too much smiley - ill

Post 9

hi helen
-
there are so many, i just hit the mute at times, they tend to be stupid or just anoying.
-
lets get back to the original old ones, murry mints,fairy snow, and so on.lol.
-
i hope they never bring the one with the takeawy with diff ones trying to sing.that didnt my head in.
-
sorry to say, but i think the go compare as a few to come.
-
by the way have you noticed how some major adverts, are full for a while and then scaled down.
-
i see a while back, the hair one with davina mentioning her mum, had the mum taken out, and why does she always have to say, take care, yuck smiley - dragon jimbob

Post 10

Reality Manipulator

Hi Jimbobsmiley - dragon

I never seen the advert but when adverts come on I usually either switch over or look at the teletext.

One advert that drives me around the bend is the go compare advert but I do like the meerkat adverts.

Post 11

two of my favourites from years gone by, where.
-
"go to work on a egg" and "tiger in your tank" smiley - dragon jimbob

Post 12

Reality Manipulator

A few of my favourites are Keep Britain Tidy with the motto "For Pete's sake pick up your litter" with a picture for a Pete the park keeper, and RW Whites Lemonade, Mash adverts with the aliens and "Go to work on an egg, as well as Esso blue with "Smoke gets in your eyes" but I cannot remember much about the Tiger in your tank advert.

Post 13

Good_Ridence_BBC

Soon teletext will be another thing of the past, all this change and what for, it certanly ain't for the better, grrr digital should leave things as they are, I like my terestral Television and my square text ie teletext/ceefax. When digital comes in did you knw you won't even get none of the new text on BBC channels they're wiping the lot even on freeview, all this digital text is rubbish smiley - wah and with the old system BBC1 & 2, ITV1, Channel4 & Channel5 least you can watch one channel while your recording another and if your mate has missed the program either take the RW-Disk are VHS tape and go and watch it at theres, but with the new system they fetching out freeview you can't record using a VHS etc it can't find the UHF channel. And as for adverts I'm fed up of hearing the Baileys coffee liquor one over and over again so I put mute on all adverts. Christmas toys from Toys R us! bla bla bla. You should watch The Human Power Station was on BBC1 Thursday 20:00 on BBC iPlayer just goes to show how much electricity a family wastes in a day. I found it rather intreasting cooked a full chicken in a foiled box powered by just two 60watt normal light bulbs got cooked in 90mins smiley - laugh

Post 14

Good_Ridence_BBC

Hmm adverts a thing of the past "Never talk to strangers" Charlie says Meow, meow, meow "in a strange voice" anyone remember that one?

And the green giant. Corn on the cob in a can. smiley - laugh

Post 15

Good_Ridence_BBC

The advert with the aliens metal robots in the mash advert is Go get smashed then they all start laughing at the end.

Post 16

Websailor

The Smash ad. was one of the most memorable. Shake 'n' Vac used to drive me nuts smiley - smiley and a certain window company with trashy high speed stupid people made me want to throw bricks, just as well their windows were safe, pity their style had no class.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 17

the most remembered ones have to be the oxo ones, they won awards year after year. then just stopped. smiley - dragon jimbob

Post 18

serenity

Have you all noticed how many extra ad breaks there are smiley - yikes

I watch 'Deep space nine'. They tend to have a bit to show you whats happening in that show, the music and main character credits and then take a break. When it gets back, they then do the credits of the extra actors appearing that time. I couldnt understand it to start with smiley - doh

Post 19

Websailor

I believe they have been given permission to have longer and more frequent Ad. breaks! smiley - grr so we get shorter programmes too.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 20

the strange thing for me is the adverts and upcoming horror channel films, are now less.
-
i noticed when i record and pause for ads, i have a 5 countdown dots, and normally have to start and stop, to get to the end of the break, now its less than 5 smiley - dragon jimbob

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more