This is the Message Centre for Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

why, is sunday the most boring day of the week lol

Post 1

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

Ive never had a sunday where its been a day to get out and about,
-
most shops are closed,the buses run every hour in most places.
-
the streets a dead, you dont see anyone for ages,even the town is like a morgue.
-
sorry, but thats my opinion, if you have a reason sunday is not boring,please try to convince me
----
smiley - sadfacejimsmiley - sadface

Post 2

U199531

hi jimbo
-
sunday is a drag, nothing goes on in my neck of the woods to smiley - smileythe who,man

Post 3

lol thanks jay, one to me lolsmiley - ok

Post 4

serenity

hi jim.

our bus service is reduced to one every hour, which is ok if you want the main shopping centre, but we have 3 or 4 spread around telford.
so if you want to get to those, you have to walk and with a load of shopping, its a nightmare.

the shops are usually open around 10ish, but some are 11 and you have to wait around if you want both of them smiley - blue

there is a car boot/market in the town centre on a sunday, but other than that......
if you dont like shopping, you are stuck.

we do have a fair few touristy attractions as we are in the ironbridge gorge encatchment, but as they are spread about, you need a car.
we also have many footpaths around, some of which used to be old railway lines from the mines, but with people being attacked, they arent used as much as they used to be when i first moved here 27 years ago.

Post 5

Reality Manipulator

Hi Jimsmiley - smiley

Where I live the buses to Grays are supposed to run one every hour but I suspect that they cut quite a few out and they finish early. There is not much at Grays which is the nearest town to us on Sunday and the only shops that are open are Morrisons and Woolworths. In South Ockendon there are one small supermarket called Savemor and another supermarket called Lidl open. It is even worse on Bank Holidays, the only "enterainment" places open are pubs and thats all. Shops open at 10 am but I am not sure what time Lidl is open. Lakeside shopping centre is mainly music/books/cosmetics/fashion/craft/places to eat and catalogue shops and the only supermarket they have inside is Marks and Spencers. Tesco's which is at Lakeside can only now be got there by car or it is a half an hour walk a way from Lakeside bus station.

Post 6

thanks, one and all
-
its looks like i made my arguement lol
-
you all agree, and havent tryed to point out anything good about sunday.smiley - smiley
-
hey, do you think if we renamed it something else it might become another normal day of the week,lol
-
any serjestions,smiley - discojimsmiley - ok

Post 7

serenity

the only good thing about sundays is that smiley - monster goes back to work smiley - laugh

Post 8

hi helen
-
the only thing you can really do on sunday, is mow the lawn(if the grass isnt wet)or anyone with a car, can clean it,or if your lucky and like football or rugby, you might be able to go to a match.
-
even if you go to the local parks, the boatings close the museums are.even finding a cafe anywhere to get a bite to eat is a chore,lolsmiley - discojimxx

Post 9

smurfles

Yesterday....
Got up and had a cuppa,then a quick look in here(can't miss h2smiley - laugh)
got ready and went to marks and spencers,then went to one of the girls for dinner.Sat outside in the garden,it was SO warm,gave some thought to going looking for ancestors,but it was too late,so came home.If we hadn't had the car,or the wheelchair,we couldn't have gone anywheresmiley - sadface,maybe the bus companies would make a lot more money if they laid a better service o for everyone jim.smiley - hug

Post 10

serenity

our bus service runs a sunday service on bank holidays too.

the council in their infinite wisdom try and put on events at the local town park. to attract everyone and make us have a good time.

which is good in its own sweet way, but if you are dependant on the buses to get there and come home and with extra people out and about, its a nightmare.

yet the main bus company hasnt latched on to this extra possible income in all of the years i have lived here. (27)
i realise that drivers are entitled to time off(i live with one who used to work for the said company) but not everyone likes having their time off dictated to them.

before now, ive walked the 3 miles home from such events. its easier than waiting another hour or suffering on an already over crowded bus.smiley - blue

Post 11

hi helen
-
i dont go farther than the local shops if i can help it on a sundaysmiley - discololjimxx

Post 12

serenity

we didnt go out at all this sunday.

as its the first day of grumpys working week and he works nights, we dont do a lot.
he tends to fall asleep during the eastenders omnibus smiley - laugh

Post 13

hi helen
-
i think from the replies i got, ive made my argument,lol
-
so i,ll say thanks and unsubscribe now, byeee.

Post 14

kow

It's a good time for families to spend sometime together, you know everyones off work and they can all have dinner or a day out somewhere.

How's that?smiley - winkeye

Post 15

sylviegirl

hi there again long time no chat ...have u ever thort of going 2 church on sundays 2 pass the time away lol nw ways how are you

Key: Complain about this post