This is the Message Centre for Jane Austin

Hello and Welcome to h2g2 Jane Austin

Post 1

Reality Manipulator

Hello and welcome to h2g2. I hope you are settling in allright. It can be very overwhelming at first but are a few things, hints and links for new researchers like yourself to help you along and enjoy this great and friendly place.

I am New What Do I do Now?
click onto A868098

The Tour of H2g2
A317459

Katrine

Post 2

Reality Manipulator

Here are some more links

Plain skin for digibox users
A948602

Advise Corner on the FoLDers Arms Front Page
A913150

Katrine

Post 3

Reality Manipulator

Explaining Ho to change plain skin to GuideML
A985935

Spicing up Your User Page
A690518

Friends of LD's Space
U201567

Katrine

Post 4

Jane Austin

hi Katrin smiley - biggrin

Thank you so much for your advice, yes, it,s a bit daunting for a "newbie" like me, but I am getting more confident, I even popped in to a pub last night, alone!!!!

Jane

Post 5

Reality Manipulator

Hello Jane

That is one thing I have not done go to a pub on my own.smiley - smiley

I am going on a New Directions Course and hopefully my confidence will be boasted.smiley - smiley

You are doing very well for a newbie. I started here early May last year and it took me over 2 months to realise I had a personal space and another 2 weeks or more to realise I had to have a nickname.smiley - smiley

katrine

Post 6

Jane Austin

Hi Katrine

smiley - erm whats a New Directions Course??

I just love these smileys!!! and the pub is just great!!

I think it is a great site, and I am really enjoying finding my way around, thanks for your help.

rgds Jane smiley - biggrin

Post 7

Reality Manipulator

Good Morning Jane

All local authorities have New Direction Courses at nearly every adult education centre and college will have these courses run specifically for women who have been away from the work/learning scene for some time.

They help you to analyze your skills, realize what potentials you have, and what direction in life you would want to take. You also get a chance of tasting various courses there without committing yourself. You also are helped to identify the obstacles that prevent you reaching your goals in life.
There is also cv prepartation. You keep a diary of how you feel about the course.

katrine

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jane Austin

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more