This is the Message Centre for ~:*-Venus-*:~

Its much bigger than it looked....

Post 1

~:*-Venus-*:~

in the shop smiley - yikes
For the last 3 months i've been living in chaos and most of my living room furniture has been residing in the spare room. For the past week the only thing to sit on has been a fireside chair. Have you any idea how hard it is to relax on one of those things? Even trying to drape one leg over the arm of the chair was'nt successful, as my leg went to sleep and i could hardly move for quite a while smiley - wah Now the living room is all decorated and carpeted, the final touch being a brand new settee smiley - boing At last i can sprawl out like a loungr lizard smiley - zen...well for today anyway. Tomorrow all the furniture will have to be moved about smiley - groan as the settee is bigger than i thought. Thankfully my long suffering daughter has been volunteered to help smiley - evilgrin I'll just be glad to get back to some sort of normality
In the meantime i intend to put my feet up and relax smiley - biggrin

Post 2

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

*brews a smiley - tea and serves up some biccies, ... hoping to have 2nd options to test the settee with a proper lounge ...*

Post 3

Aaahh smiley - tea Thanks smiley - biggrin
You'll get the opportunity to sit on it next year...it'll be worn in by then smiley - laugh

Post 4

Yayyy !!! smiley - boing and smiley - somersault

smiley - bruised

I ought to know better, ... smiley - injured I may need it sooner than expected.

Post 5

smiley - bigeyes You should kow by now that you're too old to be smiley - somersault all over the place 'tsk'

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

Ooooh, furniture moving - can I join ? smiley - boing My boys are quite good at it, actually, especially my youngest lad smiley - biggrin

Post 7

You like moving furniture? Blimey! You must be the only person i know that does smiley - laugh I only have a small room, so moving stuff around is a bit of a nightmare smiley - erm Still its got to be done smiley - smiley

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

Well, it really depends on the furniture : most of ours is just too heavy to be moved , but a table, chairs and a settee shouldn't be too bad, I think smiley - erm

Post 9

No table or chairs here, just a large glass cabinet, a sideboard type thing and lots of little bits like music centre, tv etc smiley - puff

Post 10

I could help with the large glass cabinet. And make it into lots of interesting little thingies. smiley - bigeyes

Post 11

aka Bel - A87832164

Ok, I'd better call my mum then, she used to move furniture of this caliber for the spring cleaning every year smiley - biggrin

Post 12

smiley - yikes I don't think reducing it to shards is quite what i have in mind Nick

B'el
Jeez, your mum must be strong then, it takes to of us struggling to move my cabinet smiley - erm Maybe we're just weaklings.

Post 13

aka Bel - A87832164

I remember she did a lot of swearing - maybe that set free some energies ? smiley - laugh

Post 14

I did plenty of that when i was moving the stuff on Saturday smiley - erm Did'nt make me any stronger though smiley - laugh

Post 15

aka Bel - A87832164

Well, she was quite strong, which nobody ever would have expected, because she's not even five ft tall smiley - laugh

Post 16

smiley - wow That is impressive. smiley - smiley

Post 17

aka Bel - A87832164

It is, my dad was always baffled when he got home from work and found the furniture moved about - I have no idea how she managed, but she did.

Post 18

originalBillyBob

Is this the furniture equivalent of 'eyes bigger than your belly' then? What is going to happen to big sofa? It stays and the other furniture is demoted back to the spare room and guests either fight for a seat on big sofa, depending on how many guests there are of course, or they all get get cosy on big sofa, depending on how many guests there are of course smiley - biggrin

Post 19

Skankyrich [?]

Ooh, great news Venus! I nearly but not quite signed up for another course at fM, so almost could've popped in to investigate smiley - smiley

Only I'm far too busy to go smiley - wah

Post 20

Hi BB smiley - biggrin
Once all the furniture is moved around smiley - puff It won't look too big, its just where it is right now that makes it look like that.....i hope smiley - erm

Hi Rich.
Aaww thats a shame you can't go smiley - sadface Maybe there will be another one later in the year? Then you can come see the new look living room smiley - biggrin
I still can't get to grips with that 'key' thing smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post