This is the Message Centre for ~:*-Venus-*:~

just a chat

Post 1

twinklingDi

Hello Venus warm greetings to you.smiley - biggrinI enjoy the big outdoors and wildlife.smiley - smileyI have recently been visited by a rather freindly hedgehog,who has taken up residence in an old wooden box that been left in the gardensmiley - biggrin. I serve supper to him/her each evening around 9.30pm,much to the enjoyment of myselfsmiley - cool.He/she then wanders off to explore the area and do whatever hedgehogs do at night.In the morning a tell tale sign outside the box lets me know that Mr or Mrs Tiggywinkle is back in residence.Watch this space for further news.smiley - smileysmiley - winkeye twinkling Di.

just a chat

Post 2

~:*-Venus-*:~

Hello twinkling Di smiley - smiley
Thankyou for dropping by, i'm always happy to chat to folks about wildlife or plants....mainly 'cos i don't really know about anything else smiley - laugh
What a lovely visitor to have to your garden, i'm a big fan of hedgehogs. Has he/she been coming to visit long?
Sadly i don't get hedgehogs in my garden, the only ones i see are road casualty's smiley - sadface I do get other wildlife in the garden, some welcome, some very destructive smiley - cross The fox that comes in regularly is no problem, he mainly uses my garden as a means to get to other places. Though i do wish he would'nt scent mark everywhere smiley - yuk The badgers are not so welcome. They have broken through the chain-link fence more time than i can remember now. The dig huge holes in the garden and once ripped up a shrub!smiley - yikes I block any holes that i find, but it's pointless really. The resident squirrel is fun to watch, especially in the Autumn when he/she is gathering food for winter. I've found Walnuts burried in the flower beds and this year a hazelnut seedling, which is now growing in a more suitable place. smiley - smiley
I hope you will find time to drop in again for more tales of your prickly friend. smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ~:*-Venus-*:~

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more