This is the Message Centre for Peregrine, 22nd Duke of Earl ~ What would Magnum P.I. do ? ~

Pip pip Perry.

Post 1

Chocolate Sal T. B*lls

Hello there Perry, 'tis Sal from Filums (and QQ now and then). smiley - smiley

You'll be flattered (or horrified!) to know that I've just finished a fabulous tome and it put me in mind of you! Sadly for you it wasn't about a red-blooded male in a Harold Robbins bustier-ripper, but "The Defence Diaries of W. Morgan Petty" (edited by Brian Bethell)

About a chap who safeguards his garden and home from nuclear attack and declares it a Nuclear Free Zone. There's a wealth of imaginative tips in there which you may find handy if you're still troubled by moles and such like, long-haired Johnnies etc smiley - winkeyesmiley - run

Given his astounding military background, Ian may also be interested in it.

Highly recommended, whether it helps or not it's a cracking read - I've made a bit of an arse of myself in public laughing out loud at it! So careful you don't bust the Ducal Lumbar support and whatnot. smiley - yikes

Sal

Pip pip Perry.

Post 2

Peregrine, 22nd Duke of Earl ~ What would Magnum P.I. do ? ~

Hello Sal smiley - bubbly

It's very nice to hear from you, even if you *were* a longaird johnny smiley - laugh.

I must say, it has been a treat meeting you fillum chaps. One of my few passions, the old fillums, and I was almost quite distraught when the old Beeb boards went smiley - tits up last week.

Thank you for the book recommendation - I'll order the bally thing on the morrow, when the old Ducal pupil has reduced to a suitably small size for inputting of the dread cred !

I must warn you, dear chap, I'm wont to walk in my sleep, so don't be surprised if I turn up on your personal space, bearing butter muffins, and a trencher of Doolittles.

Your new Chum,

Perry.

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Pip pip Perry.

Post 3

Chocolate Sal T. B*lls

Evening Perry,

So I'm forgiven for the Greenpeace guerilla? Phew!

Do hope you find that book, I got an old copy passed all around the houses (we live in a very poor neighbourhood). My brainbox is a bit troubled now - hope it's still available.

It's a lovely place over on Filums, aye, it's been good to see you over there. I might not know that much about Ingmar Bergmann but as long as I get to whitter on about Debbie Does Dallas once in a while I'm happy. smiley - ok

Most kind of you to offer muffins and ale, it's what made this nation great after all. So feel free to carry on regardless with your nocturnal wanderings. The personal space could do with a good dust really. I think I need a woman-who-does.

Forward of me, I know, but thinking 'Polishing Moles' was another of your Ducal tales, I poked my delicate schnozz in...well done on getting into the Post, Perry! smiley - biggrin

Sal

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peregrine, 22nd Duke of Earl ~ What would Magnum P.I. do ? ~

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more