This is the Message Centre for Laura

The Day of Wearing a Silly Hat

Post 21

Laura

I have no idea, the light going out of the hall made my eyes sting and they were watering so much I couldn't see a thing. In the process of trying to get the the toilets in order to wash my eyes I must have cut it smiley - doh. Only a small cut but the type thet just keeps bleeding smiley - bruised

smiley - ta MV smiley - biggrin

Post 22

Lizzbett

When I saw the title of this journal, I thought you had been yomping through Sherwood Forest in fancy dress againsmiley - laugh

Proper universities seem to get their graduation ceremonies in very soon after the results. At the college where I work, Congregations (as graduation is know 'round these 'ere parts) don't happen until October. The hoods they wear are different colours depending on the subject area that the student is graduating from. It all looks rather fun, actually.

I hope you enjoyed your day, Unc.smiley - bubbly And I also hope that your degree takes you somewhere you want to go soon.

Oh, and I believe your jury service started today - I hope they gave you something to do rather than keeping you hanging around for hours.

Liz
~

Post 23

Laura

smiley - laugh No, but when I had my gown on it did remind me of the Sherwood walks smiley - laugh

Yes, the hoods were different sizes and shapes smiley - smiley

It was good. Not heard anything from any jobs yet except the Hertford one.

Yes it did, and I'm actually on a case smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Laura

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more