This is the Message Centre for Laura

It's been a bad day

Post 1

Laura

You know those days where nothing major goes wrong but lots of little things add up leaving you needing some very strong smiley - coffee or preferably a large smiley - ale? I'm having one of those days smiley - doh

This morning I got ready to leave the house to get the wristbands for the graduation ball. I found the tickets no problem, and was all ready to go when I realised I didn't have my keys.

Three hours later and I still didn't have my keys smiley - wah. I started packing yesterday, when I last used them, so they really could have got anywhere smiley - wah. My room became a half packed, half upturned mess, but I needed some lunch.

I started making myself a toasted cheese sandwich when there was a knock on the door. It was the people who are renting this house next year, one of which had brought their family with them to check what furniture was in the downstairs room. My room..

..The room in a half upturned mess. I explained I was packing but they wanted to look anyway and had a load of questions about plug sockets and so on. I went to retrieve my sandwich, but by then it was a frazzled mess smiley - wah. My attempts to retrieve it from the grill pan lead to the sandwich being in several pieces.

So, I was left with no keys and no lunch and it's still only half way through the day smiley - doh.

It's been a bad day

Post 2

Odo

smiley - alesmiley - crispssmiley - cupcakesmiley - hug

I know the feeling.

It's been a bad day

Post 3

Laura

smiley - tasmiley - smileyAh well, my second attempt at lunch worked slightly better, though still no keys smiley - doh

It's been a bad day

Post 4

Odo

Have you looked under your smiley - towel?

It's been a bad day

Post 5

Laura

Yes smiley - smiley, and my pockets and my bag smiley - doh

It's been a bad day

Post 6

Odo

Then they're behind the kettel or in the fridge then. I've been known to put keys away with the milk if I'm engaged in smiley - tea making operations after I've just walked into a house.

It's been a bad day

Post 7

Laura

I checked both the fridge and the freezer with no luck. smiley - smiley Last time I lost my keys they were in my bag, but no luck this time smiley - doh. May have to get some new ones cut at this rate. Ah well

It's been a bad day

Post 8

Laura

I found my keys! smiley - boing They were inside the sleeve of my coat smiley - erm, don't ask me how they got there smiley - bigeyes

It's been a bad day

Post 9

Alison (ACE)

Someone on my geography trip to spain at christmas lost the key to their hotel room. Turned out (after several days of searching) that it was in a bag of crisps! Go figure... smiley - silly

It's been a bad day

Post 10

Odo

smiley - weird At least you've got them again. Good luck with the packing.

It's been a bad day

Post 11

Laura

Packet of crisps? That's even more unlikely

Packing going well, room looks very odd at the moment. smiley - weird

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Laura

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more