This is the Message Centre for Teuchter

Echoes

Post 1

Teuchter

Having a bit of a clear out this weekend and came across a copy of the local paper from January 1978, retained because it had our Marriage Announcement in the 'Hatches, Matches, Despatches' section.

What we hadn't noticed until today was that, on the same page, there was a news announcement about a local girl being reunited with her stolen motor-bike.

I was at school with this girl, same year/different class, and we met again via friends reunited and e-mail each other occasionally.

I e-mailed her in Australia this morning to ask if she remembers the incident.

It's funny how paths keep criss-crossing through life.

Echoes

Post 2

Mrs Zen

This only goes to show that I ought to subscribe to people's spaces. What is the latest? I have been thinking about you and your family a lot, but because there was no news in the Atelier, I thought there had been no news.

Oh, and what Boots said!

smiley - hug

B

Echoes

Post 3

Mrs Zen

Damn! Thought this was attached to the other journal entry. smiley - headhurts

I really wonder how anyone kept in touch with anyone else before mobiles and the internet! And I love old newspapers. My ex used to stash a copy of the local paper under the floorboards if they were ever taken up, specially for future folks to find them, and be amazed by the house prices and the hairstyles. smiley - laugh

B

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Teuchter

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more