Boot Fairs

Post 1

Jimmie Jazz

Nicely done, Pip.

Boot Fairs

Post 2

S.R.A.H.

Pip. Help.

We have just found a buyer for our house. My wife has got it into her head that doing a Car Boot would be a great idea. I am not so sure. I do not feel entirely comfortable with:

1) Putting our personal belongings on display.
2) Putting a price on things.

I take it from your article that you are yourself hooked. What advice could you give to a reluctant/possible first timer?

Boot Fairs

Post 3

Pip

Dear S.R.A.H.

My name is Pip and I am a Booter. Yes, you've guessed it, I've reformed. I joined the B.A. (Booters Anonymous) and with a lot of mutual care and support I can proudly say I haven't booted for 18 months and 7 days now. It was a hard slog and I still have the craving but I determined never to put my belongings on public display again.

My advice to you is to take all those unwanted items and THROW THEM AWAY -don't risk getting signed up by the Nosey Costers - THEY WILL NEVER LET YOU LEAVE!!!

Don't do it - for your sanity's sake!!

Pip

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for BOOT FAIRS

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more