This is the Message Centre for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

How to spiss off a kea

Post 1

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Dear appeals person, I linked to a post in another h2g2 thread. The link was removed by a moderator. The post I made is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F19663853?thread=8066089&post=106361112#p106360619 The post I linked to (link now removed from my post) is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/F16034?thread=76493&skip=15480&show=20#p106295777 After I made that post, I also yikesed the post I linked to on the grounds of the offensive clause in the House Rules (reference 479). If the moderators aren't going to remove the post I linked to then why remove the link to it? (actually why remove any internal link?). My modding email says that the URL was removed because it was either broken or it linked to an unsuitable external site, and obviously my link was neither of those two things. I don't know where complaints' appeals go to nowadays, and I will send a copy of this appeal to the h2g2 Editors. I would like you to know that the general feeling on h2g2 currently is that there has been a marked increase in odd and inaccurate moderations like this one that simply don't make any sense. I'd say over the last year, but more specifically in the past 4 or so months. It's not a good look. thanks, kea.

How to spiss off a kea

Post 2

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Just put that through the new blog appeal process, mainly because I want to see how that process works.

Apparently I can say piss in a post but not in a subject line smiley - erm

How to spiss off a kea

Post 3

Or maybe I can say piss on but not piss...

How to spiss off a kea

Post 4

off.

smiley - rolleyes

How to spiss off a kea

Post 5

Indeed.

How to spiss off a kea

Post 6

*Wonders if she's got a full house yet smiley - bigeyes?*

smiley - run

How to spiss off a kea

Post 7

Dum de dum de dum...

How to spiss off a kea

Post 8

http://public.fotki.com/kea-esque/barlesque-games/spiss.html

How to spiss off a kea

Post 9

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I've also yikesed the offensive post in question - but it seems there is no-one around in the mods office to make another decision. I'm waiting for the reply to say whether they uphold my complaint or find that the post was inoffensive.

It is all very weird. . .

How to spiss off a kea

Post 10

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Hey! you won the game! Brilliant or what kea!

How to spiss off a kea

Post 11

Maybe we should just keep yikesing it until we get a response smiley - evilgrin Actually I would do that, except I'm meant to be doing RL stuff and then noohootoo stuff and then having a life...

smiley - biggrin

I must try that from six different threads smiley - geek

How to spiss off a kea

Post 12

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Yeah, I am on a break from watching an episode of tv, but I think we could vary the action and have half and half, ie three of your posts and three of mine? smiley - evilgrin

How to spiss off a kea

Post 13

KB

This is turning into "how to spiss off a mod", isn't it? smiley - laugh

How to spiss off a kea

Post 14

smiley - laugh Just about KB. Although it's rumoured that the mods have disappeared smiley - whistle.

Lanza, great idea for half and half smiley - ok When we're both here and have the time smiley - cheers

How to spiss off a kea

Post 15

Never heard back nothing from the appeals folk. 14th Feb, was that before the sale announcement or after?

How to spiss off a kea

Post 16

turvy (Fetch me my trousers Geoffrey...)

After.

Nick Reynolds posted official news on the 24th January at F77636?thread=After.

Nick Reynolds posted official news on the 24th January at F77636 t. - this might help...

How to spiss off a kea

Post 17

Effers;England.

I don't think going through the proper channels counts for much since the sale was announced.

I don't bother. I mean if they can abruptly decide to fail my name after years, out of the blue and turn me into a number, with no explanation apart from a standard email..what's the point?

The BBC want rid of as much of their message board stuff as soon as possible, as quickly as possible. We really are just numbers to them not names. Probably my name didn't fit with what the new buyer might want.

You shouldn't be surprised kea.

How to spiss off a kea

Post 18

I agree, there's not much point post sale announcement. I'm not particularly surprised.

I did get an email from the Eds (a generic one) after I yikesed a post. It said they'd had a tech problem, lost all the details, and could I please resubmit the complaint. I couldn't remember, but it was good to know sometimes shit happens rather than the modding system being intentionally bad.

Key: Complain about this post

How to spiss off a kea

More Conversations for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more