This is the Message Centre for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

on a completely different note

Post 1

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

I've been tidying up the house in anticipation of my parents' visiting. All morning (the tidying, not the visit which will be 5 days). It doesn't look any tidier than before smiley - erm I can't say I'm 100% happy about this and am wondering if something needs toning down.

Post 2

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

thank bob for the completely different note smiley - hugsmiley - smooch

My completely different note is that in the morning my family will be flying home, leaving behind an amalgum of untidiness and things to be washed. smiley - sadface I'd much rather they were here continuing to make my life nice and messy. We've just come home from an evening spent out, eating mainly, chatting to friends and watching the middle child rollerskate around the marble arena in the harbour. Here's to warm evenings and happy families.

Post 3

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Lovely! My parents are in their 70s and I'm in this space of just enjoying them as much as we can while we can. Not that there isn't stoopid family stuff going on too, but somehow it's easier to just let that be.

I was a pretty mean rollerskater in my day.

Post 4

KB

I know the feeling, kea. Sometimes the more you do the more there is to be done - but I'm good at not letting it annoy me, on the whole. smiley - zen

Anything you need us to hide for you until your parents go home? smiley - angel

Post 5

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

he he at KB's suggestion that kea has anything to hide smiley - rofl

Post 6

Ooh, that reminds me... smiley - run

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

What?! Your not 100% satisfied? Your sure? Not even if we all started telling you that you were? smiley - snork

don't.... I'm terrified sometimes when I've visitors that someone will open a certain set of drawers, or cupboard in my bedroom... and smiley - blushsmiley - snork well... smiley - handcuffs would be the least of it smiley - snorksmiley - angel

Post 8

Your certain set of drawers is full of smiley - snork? smiley - bigeyes

Post 9

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I would never have thought it of you 2legs. I believe you to be a perfect angel smiley - angel

Of course, the upside of my daughter leaving tomorrow is that I can revert to being my true self again.

Post 10

KB

If anyone's drawers are full of snork, I'm quite sure it would be 2legs'. smiley - laugh

Post 11

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

there was a snorkmaiden in one of those children's stories, I'll remember which one at 3am, shall I post back later when it comes to me?

Post 12

Please do.

Who are you when your daughter visits?

Post 13

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

An angelic mother of course smiley - blush All true. Mind you my daughter knows me far too well, so it's only pretence.

Post 14

Its less smiley - snork and more smiley - rocketsmiley - sporksmiley - handcuffs <or... well... smiley - blush I coudln't possibley say really... I mean, this is a open forum and not the sort of place... well... there are specilist sites I visit smiley - snorksmiley - snorksmiley - snorksmiley - angel

Post 15

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

The Snorkmaiden is a friend of Moomintroll of course. How could I forget?

http://mlight.typepad.com/moomin_light/2008/01/moomintroverts.html

maybe it explains a lot, as this was a formative text during my childhood smiley - zen

Post 16

Ivan the Terribly Average

Mine too. 'Comet in Moominland' was my favourite.

And, just for the record, I wouldn't be surprised to find anything at all in 2legs' drawers.

Post 17

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Ivan, if you want to rootle around in there, be my guest. I'll just stand here and look the other way smiley - whistle

Post 18

smiley - laugh

Aww, cute!

Post 19

Ivan the Terribly Average

Safety first - I'll just put on my personal protective equipment...

Post 20

I've some very pretty things in my drawers ... amongst all the more frightening things.... some of the glass ones really are so pretty smiley - loveblushsmiley - ermsmiley - blush TMI smiley - run

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more