This is the Message Centre for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

kea's smiley test

Post 1

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Some of the smileys seem to be blocked by the filter. So...

kea's smiley test

Post 2

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

smiley

kea's smiley test

Post 3

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Kea, I tried all sorts of replies a while back, but none would pass the filter - then I got an error message. So [fail] I'm back in the old alabaster right now. I'll try again with the new barlesque shortly.

smiley - zen

kea's smiley test

Post 4

badger party tony party green party

smiley - rainbow

kea's smiley test

Post 5

Sorry, didnt realise anyone had replied. Lanza I thought we could use the shortcuts to make smileys eg ; - ) is smiley - winkeye but I cant get them to work.

Hey blicky smiley - biggrin

kea's smiley test

Post 6

Or at least they don't work in preview. Good grief.

kea's smiley test

Post 7

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Hi Kea

I'm replying in the old faithful alabaster. Sorry you can't read my present journal. I was testing the new system, in particular seeing which of the smilies work using the forum codes. I'd never even heard of forum codes up til now, but if you look on the (old) smiley h2g2 pages you can find various ones that seem to work in Barlesque.

It's a bit of a red herring though, as surely this issue will be addressed. I was just being curious.

You're right though, they don't preview, so you can't tell if they're going to work or not, but they do pass the filther smiley - erm

I just remembered another bug I discovered - the link to smileys on the new system doesn't take you anywhere. smiley - sigh I am amazed how wrecked the place is, surely there was no need to launch it in such a poor state?

kea's smiley test

Post 8

Hi Lanza, it's a bit slack of me to not read your journal, but I'm tired and the apostrophes are doing my head in (in amongst everything else).

I noticed the smileys in burlesque aren't clickable links at all smiley - erm

I keep noticing other bugs too but can't be bothered noting them down.

disillusioned kea.

kea's smiley test

Post 9

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I started off hopeful, but the silence from the Eds yesterday was rather deafening. I'd expected a little feedback via the bug reporting page. Normally when you report stuff via feedback they at least acknowledge it smiley - sadface

Maybe they are just overwhelmed by all the problems. I mean, it's not their fault is it? They are not the technicians who built the new site, I presume they were told it all worked fine.

I seriously wonder if this was launched way before it was tested and checked it was good enough.

kea's smiley test

Post 10

I wonder if we'll ever get an explanation about what went wrong. It's certainly an embarrassment and I doubt the bbc wants that discussed in public.

kea's smiley test

Post 11

Ivan the Terribly Average

I'd like to think that there were two versions of the #fail new skin - the beta-test version and the post-testing cleaned-up version - and that somehow they managed to release the beta thing again rather than a version that actually functions.

This may just be an odd form of wishful thinking, of course. I'm trying to be charitable.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more