This is the Message Centre for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

awwww....

Post 1

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

From h2g2: A906923 ... (Dec 25, 2002)

8 years (tomorrow) and still here smiley - cool and still loving the place and the people here.

Have fun for the holidays everyone, and if that's not possible then take care.

smiley - cracker

awwww....

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Yay!!! Merry Christmas, Kea! smiley - giftsmiley - redwine

Here's to another year of FUN in hootoo! smiley - somersault

lil xx

awwww....

Post 3

turvy (Fetch me my trousers Geoffrey...)

Yes indeed, Merry Christmas to you kea (almost the day for you there!!).

t.smiley - xmastreesmiley - santasmiley - gift

awwww....

Post 4

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Happy burpday tomorrow, kea! Glad you're still kicking!

I'm cold. Must stoke the fire a bit.

TRiG.smiley - cracker

awwww....

Post 5

KB

smiley - hug You're one of the people who makes this place what it is.

awwww....

Post 6

Ivan the Terribly Average

Or one of the parrots, for that matter.

awwww....

Post 7

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Happy Christmas/Anniversary Kea!

I agree with KB, you're a specially nice person here in hootoo-land!

smiley - mistletoesmiley - redwinesmiley - xmaspud

awwww....

Post 8

Effers;England.

smiley - cheerssmiley - smoochsmiley - biggrin I'm smiley - drunk

awwww....

Post 9

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

smiley - laugh Wish I'd managed that today Effers smiley - ok

Thanks everyone smiley - biggrin I'm really chuffed by your comments. How's everyone's day going? I'm very full (a stuffed parrot) but still eating smiley - weird The day was the usual mix of fun and family angst-inducing dynamics smiley - zen I'm hoping for some decent weather tomorrow so I can thrash my nephew at cricket again smiley - evilgrin

awwww....

Post 10

I've had a couple of spiffing days!...

... A little squiffy, too smiley - divasmiley - bubbly *hic*

Hippety Buffday, Kea! smiley - magic

lil x

awwww....

Post 11

smiley - bubblysmiley - biggrin

smiley - sleepy ... smiley - zzz

awwww....

Post 12

turvy (Fetch me my trousers Geoffrey...)

Happy New Year keasmiley - wow

t.

awwww....

Post 13

Happy New Year turvy smiley - biggrin and Everyone smiley - crackersmiley - bubbly

Why is there no fireworks smiley?

awwww....

Post 14

Happy New Year, Kea smiley - bubbly

lil xx

awwww....

Post 15

You too lil smiley - cheers How's it shaping up so far?

awwww....

Post 16

Effers;England.

I just saw online that the firework display in central London was like the biggest spectacular ever..along with music.

It seems ridiculous to me, given the economic situation and cuts. I've been into the centre before for the fireworks..but not this year.

It must have cost tens and tens of thousands £s.

I'm hoping to attend a demo in the New Year smiley - biggrin

Happy New Year kea

awwww....

Post 17

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Happy New Year Kea

Feliz Año Nuevo

smiley - smooch

awwww....

Post 18

Happy New Year Effers smiley - bubbly What's the demo?

awwww....

Post 19

Effers;England.

It's a 'student' demo at the end of January. A good friend, an artist, is quite involved with raising money for their cause and asked me to go. I'm pretty nervous because of all the publicity about the previous demos. So I'll see, but I very much want to attend.

This coalition government are attacking the way our educational institutions will work in future..and I feel its a nasty attack on them that goes much deeper than the superficials on just 'funding', because the way things are funded affects the actual structure of that thing, and the ideas coming out of it.

The anger is incredibly strong because so many students feel utterly conned by the Liberals because they went *so far* as to invite the Press to campuses to photograph *signed* pledges, about voting against the increase in fees. I have certainly benefited hugely from the original system..so I feel I owe it to future students.

It wasn't just a question of compromise about co-alition. The Lib Dems could have insisted to the Tories that the tuition fee question was sacrosanct because of the photographed signed pledges. But no - they were greedy for power. Everyone knows they wouldn't have got the number of seats they did without conning the students..so the co-alition wouldn't even have been possible as set up now.

Key: Complain about this post

awwww....

More Conversations for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more