This is the Message Centre for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

I think I can do a very good job of cheering you up...

Post 1

Mu Beta

Odo and I went out for a day trip to Cotswold Wildlife Park yesterday. We saw all the monkeys and the penguins and suchlike, and then had a wander through the walled garden, where the different species of birds are kept. In one cage in the corner was a kea! Unlike the other bird, it was on the ground by the front of its cage, wandering up and down and looking cute at all the punters. When we came to see it, it brushed its head up and down the side of its cage, looking like it wanted nothing more than to be chucked under the chin, like a big green parrot.

Fool that I am, I extended a forefinger through the bars, to give it a little stroke. The little bugger savaged me! I've got a two-inch gash down my right forefinger now, and I'm never going to trust anything from New Zealand again. smiley - cross

B

Post 2

Ivan the Terribly Average

smiley - laugh

I haven't laughed so much since Dad got savaged by a penguin. smiley - biggrin

Post 3

Mu Beta

A penguin?! That's even worse than me!

B

Post 4

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - ok

I would have warned you about kea (probably smiley - winkeye), but I'm surprised the wildlife park didn't smiley - erm

You must have missed this entry: A306866 "Kea have beaks like titanium tin openers."

Post 5

Mu Beta

And they're wily little buggers - encouraging me into thinking I can stroke them. smiley - cross

B

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more