This is the Message Centre for HRhmadcow

'V' is for crap

Post 1

HRhmadcow

Christ all f******g mighty. What WILL they think of next, those faceless production teams who churn out these increasingly moronic cartoons? i mean to say. some of them i quite ,like, mind, like johnny bravo, now that's funny - my son likes dexter's lab and it's not bad, i must say, enhanced by the fact dexter bares an uncanny resemblance to that osborne child - whatshisname - jack? anyhow i was sitting in a dazed state this morning suffering a minor cerebal prolapse when i realised we were watching the long-awaited v-birds on cartoon network. Oh how i despair for my daughter. i think i'll teach her to hate all things barbie pink and girly the way i did. what an utter crock of s**t it was.It's hopelessly formulaic, and more importantly, totally lacking the anarchic quality of tom and jerry and other such UNPOLITICALLY SOUND cartoons that made watching TV a (mildly ) subversive pleasure in MY youth...(swap shop kids vs. Tiswas kids - all the swapshop kids are quanitity surveyors now)upon reflection,watching v-birds was a bit like having a bowl of bright pink vimto flavoured milk jelly forced up my nose through a high powered water hose.Even out children can expect less from TV now. hurrah.

'V' is for crap

Post 2

senwad

Hi Cow. I’ve never experienced the V Birds, though finding out your opinion on Johnny Bravo (huh momma) makes me trust your judgement somewhat. Is it the type of show that encourages girls to dress in pink, be sweet and demure unpaid domestic servants in later life?
The un-PC Tom and Jerry watching chauvinist in me is insisting that this is a good thing, but the politically correct and sensitive Swap-Shop viewer side of my character is brimming with righteous indignation.

I hated, loathed, and abhorred Tiswas as a child; it was too chaotic for my liking. Swap-Shop was like Blue Peter on Prozac, and the merest mention of either Kieth (micro winky) Chegwin or Noel (king of banality) Edmonds’ name, gives me an involuntary shudder to this day. Children’s TV has screwed with my mind; I grew up with an uncanny and up to this moment unexplained desire to be a quantity surveyor. Were there flash frames in action or what? Unfortunately for me, I have the necessary qualifications to be a QS, but lack the anal retentive gene needed to be successful and enjoy the career.

In short I am an untidy and disorganised person with a yearning for order. I now see this is a result of channel hopping in my formative years. I’m glad that you’ve alerted me to this situation. My children are now banned from watching Barney (God I hate that purple simpleton) and Bob the Builder, just in case they both turn out to be effete bricklayers.

'V' is for crap

Post 3

SeamusAndrewMurphy

This thread is far too English for my taste.

'V' is for crap

Post 4

HRhmadcow

yes yes yes. theere is always the danger that one's children may grow up to rebel and become chartered accountants. have you thought of that? mine are already showing signs of abhorring alchohol and transvestites. what can it all mean??

'V' is for crap

Post 5

Susanluvsu

Seamus...England HAS had cartoons you could relate to~~~Captain Pugwash, for example with his crew of Seaman Staines, Master Bates, and Roger the Cabin Boy. "No sex please, we're British" HA!

'V' is for crap

Post 6

senwad

I'd have thought Viz was more up Seamus' alley; Buster Gonad, Johnny Fartpants, Bertie Blunt (whose parrot's a c**t), Mickey's Monkey Spunk Moped, Arse Farm, etc.

Check out the website if you're still under the misconception that the Brits are reserved. They've got a free download of "the rugspotting screensaver" that might interest Seamus, plus a "Roger's profanisaurus version of hangman" that'll keep the kids quiet for an hour or so.

'V' is for crap

Post 7

senwad

...oops...web addy... http://www.viz.co.uk

'V' is for crap

Post 8

senwad

...don't go there; it's disgusting! Especially Roger's Profanisaurus, but I've found a new description for Murphy; he's a fyst, apparently.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HRhmadcow

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more