A Conversation for Understated Elegance

O

Post 1

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I don't know what to say. This article has me baffled!

O

Post 2

Whispermil

what a wornderfully beautiful 0 you have john, it moved me almost to tears.

O

Post 3

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Tahnkyou. You are too kind.

O

Post 4

The Wisest Fool

Perhaps you've been smoking a lot of #

O

Post 5

Frank Zappa doesn't do drugs (especially since he passed away, God bless him), and neither do I.

O

Post 6

The Wisest Fool

Absolutely no offence intended.
If your mind works in the same way as the late Mr.Z then you most certainly have no need for anything, apart from a recording studio.
I do however wonder what you will name your kids if you have any
smiley - smiley

O

Post 7

No offense taken, my friend.

As for kids? None of those (shudder). We have two cats, neither of which have proper names, and a horse named Sally.

O

Post 8

The Wisest Fool

By the way, have you checked out Douglas Adams's latest submission?
at http://www.h2g2.com/P61444
So minimal it doesn't exist.
I wonder if this is a placeholder so the h2g2 writing team can write some purple prose in his name.

Also, I notice you moved to Canada from England. I'm kind of in two minds about whether or not to export myself from this island. How many hoops do you have to jump through to make the break?
And, was it worth it for you?

O

Post 9

Thanks for the link. I'll have a look in a bit.

Emmigration, was it worth it? Phew! That's not an easy question to answer. I left as a kid, so it wasn't hard on me. But it was awfully tough on my parents. It's hard to leave family behind; harder than you'd imagine. It's difficult to maintain the ties over such a distance. It was then, anyway. It's different now, with the Net, suppose.

Life here has been good to me. Canada was just getting over the sixties, when we came; so I found it unbelievably lax after grammar school. Too easy. I stopped trying. Still I've done alright, in my own way.

Actually, my mother (the real 'puter wiz of the family) has been posting in h2g2 as Maid Marion (We're from Nottingham, if you haven't guessed). You might want to look her up, for her slant on the topic.

Cheers! John.

O

Post 10

The Wisest Fool

Will do John.

Ta,
Mark (TWF)

O

Post 11

Ginger The Feisty

Just off to hunt down your mum too! I daren;t let my mum on here - she'll kill me if she reads half the stuff I've said!

O

Post 12

You can never really hide anything from your mum.

O

Post 13

Ginger The Feisty

I don't know - it took8 years for her to find out I smoked and I'm pretty sure she still thinks I'm a virgin!

O

Post 14

Bless her!

It's dangerous to underestimate what mums really know.

Key: Complain about this post