This is the Message Centre for Hotblack Desiato

The Hotblack Desiato Advice Team (V-2.0)

Post 1

Hotblack Desiato

You must have pressed option three. Well, since you bothered to take an interest, I'll introduce you to everyone in the team:

I'm Thom.

That's it. There's no-one else. Nobody behind the scenes, no complex heirarchy of power, no network of HDAT Agents conducting international espionage on a global scale, or anything legitimate either for that matter. There's just me. Some would say that's enough, but I wouldn't.

Anyway, this is the updated version of the HDAT Introductory Statement, written in light of the fact that I am now a year older (19) and living in Sheffield, where I am doing the Electronic Engineering course I was threatening to last time you heard from me. I still play clarinet and guitar, neither of them as well as I used to a year ago when I was merely atrocious. I'm in a big band now on my clarinet, but somebody offered me a fiver to stop playing guitar on stage, which I duly accepted. I still rap a bit, but only when I want to annoy people or when there's a Kareoke on; and I still sing a bit, but only when I want to get kicked in the teeth. My new friends at Uni are a nice bunch.

Meanwhile, I'm still doing Jiu Jitsu, except I now have to walk for three-quarters of an hour (what's that in miles?) just to get there. I'm a purple belt, and I could be a black belt in a year and a half, but that is assuming I make the effort to train. Ask me again in five years.

I still have parents, and our (their?) cat, Lizzie, still thinks she owns the place. She has at least moved one place higher in the food chain since we got rid of the rats, however. I still wear glasses when I can't be bothered with my contact lenses, my bedroom at Uni is non-wallpapered, and I am unfortunately still single, though not particularly upset about that.

See you in a year when I have other news.

Thom

Key: Complain about this post

The Hotblack Desiato Advice Team (V-2.0)

More Conversations for Hotblack Desiato

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more