This is the Message Centre for shark8me4tea

alright mate

Post 1

Ste

Hey, what's up?,

I like the phrase "devout atheist", the one you used in the "god, fact or fiction" thread. smiley - laugh Sometimes I could call myself an "evangelical atheist" but "devout" sounds so, so,... pious! smiley - biggrin

How are you finding h2g2 anyway? It might not be a live chatroom, but I think this format is much better. It allows better conversation and helps build a community, which is what h2g2 is in a very real sense. This place is VERY big and complex and can sometimes be a bit intimidating. It's also a lot more than just chatting to people. If you need a hand or some hints at what to do you can give me a shout here (I've been around here for a couple of years) and I'll be more than happy to give you a hand.

Cheerssmiley - cheers and have fun,

Stesmiley - earth

alright mate

Post 2

shark8me4tea

Yeah well, the whole 'devout atheist' thing is just a bit on the strange side, but then, so is life...just take it as it comes. I recon that H2G2 is about as good as it gets, but now that i am on shcool holidays, i can't get much internet access. I am just checking this as often as i can on friends computers.

Catcha around, Mullett.

alright mate

Post 3

Ste

Glad you're having fun here Mullett smiley - biggrin, h2g2 is pretty damn good. It can sometimes be very time consuming and viciously addictive.

Any particular reason that you would call yourself a "devout atheist"?

Stesmiley - earth

alright mate

Post 4

shark8me4tea

Devout atheist?? It just stems from the notion that the word atheist is being overused. That being said, religion is fascinating to watch, much like an industrial accident. It is funny when you watch from the outside, but simply tragic when you are actually involved.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for shark8me4tea

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more