This is the Message Centre for shark8me4tea

Welcome to h2g2...

Post 1

Rho

Hello shark8me4tea, I'm RhoMuNuQ!

Welcome to h2g2 and thanks for joining! smiley - biggrin

I found out about h2g2 through the Salmon of Doubt as well! smiley - smiley

I hate to sound so serious, but I'll have to suggest that you remove the reference to your teacher at the bottom of your personal space. This is because it may be against the <./>HouseRules</.> of h2g2. You can do this by, once logged in, clicking the Edit Page button! smiley - smiley

As you've recently joined h2g2, you might want to take a look at the <./>DontPanic</.> Help Centre or A719840 that give hints about how to use h2g2! smiley - ok

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask me! Just press the Reply button at the bottom of this message. smiley - smiley

Finally, if you want to see the page that another user wrote about themself, just click their name at the top of any of their postings!

I hope that helps! smiley - cake ... (Cake is one of the main currency units on h2g2 smiley - winkeye)
RhoMuNuQ {Ace, Guru}

Welcome to h2g2...

Post 2

shark8me4tea

cheers for that mate, sorry about contradicting the rules.

Just a couple of questions, is there a way that i can have conversations with the people who are on line or find out where they are having conversations (at that time) I am a big fan of direct communications.

The other question is how you get the little pictures on the screen.

Thanks for that, Mullett.

Welcome to h2g2...

Post 3

Evil Roy: Maestro of the Thingite Orchestra, Knight Errant of the Thingite Cause, Prince of Balwyniti, Aussie Researchers A59204

G'day shark8me4tea.

Just thought I'd drop by and say welcome. There are a group of us Aussie on h2g2 and we have our own little home at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A592049. Drop by and say g'day and we'll add your name to the list.

You've probably worked out that to find out who is online you just need to click on "Who's Online" and another list will appear showing all researchers currently logged on. If you click on someones name in that list it will take you directly to their personal space and you can see where they have most recently posted from their conversation list.

smiley - smiley

If you click on one of the little pictures (we call them smileys) it will take you directly to the page which shows what is available and how to add them to your conversations. BTW, the smiley - smiley smiley can be put in using : ) (without the space inbetween). smiley - ok

smiley - cheerssmiley - musicalnote

Welcome to h2g2...

Post 4

Rho

Hi again! smiley - smiley

That's OK, no one minds as long as it wasn't deliberate and, when asked, you remove the problem! smiley - smiley

h2g2 isn't a chatroom so it's not very easy to have a fast-moving conversation with someone online. The closest you can get to this is to leave a message on their Personal Space and hope that they reply soon!

It's not very easy to tell where someone is posting as, generally, people post to one conversation forum then move to another, checking the first a few minutes, or even hours, later. However, if you go to their personal space you can see the approximate times of their most recent postings.

Incidentally, you can find out who's logged in to h2g2 at <./>Online</.> and can go to their personal space by clicking their name smiley - smiley

To get h2g2 smileys, type in a forum. For example smiley - smiley is < smiley > without the spaces! All the h2g2 smileys are listed at <./>Smiley</.> and you can find out more about a particular smiley by clicking on it! smiley - smiley

I hope that helps! smiley - ok
RhoMuNuQ smiley - smiley

Welcome to h2g2...

Post 5

Rho

Simulpost, Evil Roy! smiley - laugh

RhoMuNuQ {Thingite link to pseudophysical reality, wearing Thingite hat} smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for shark8me4tea

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more