This is the Message Centre for nickw

A little note..

Post 1

Woodpigeon

Hi Nick,

I really enjoyed your article on Brainstorming, it was very consise and well written. I have also added a little note to the page (well it's not that little but whatever...).

I have written an entry on lateral thinking which I have submitted and would very much appreciate if you could take a look at. Its http://www.h2g2.com/A187977 .

Feel free to criticise, suggest improvements, etc. All input appreciated!

Many thanks,

CR

A little note..

Post 2

nickw

CR

Thanks for reading my brainstorming entry. Its just some stuff I wrote for work ages ago (I've also got similar text on the following:
VOTING PROCESS
ISHIKAWA DIAGRAM
TALLY SHEETS
PLANNING AND DOCUMENTATION
PIE CHARTS
DEFECT DRAWINGS
RUN CHARTS
FORMATTING DATA
FLOW CHARTS
But Its a case of finding time to go through and format them).

I think that the important issue to take into account with a lot of these things is that you should always be looking to the root cause.

Your entry on lateral thinking is a good one. People don't realise that these are processes we use in everyday life (just think of the calculations involved in catching a ball), but we need to have them written to be able to communicate the concepts.

Cheers

Nick

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for nickw

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more