This is the Message Centre for Omega 3 - The Mixing Dude

Day one: The trip....

Post 1

Omega 3 - The Mixing Dude

So here it is at like 11:30 we are waiting for my friends dad to show up at the airport because mom forgot her cell phone.... huh... interesting.

Anyway, we arrived, panicked that we didnt have her cell, got the cell and boarded the plane on time. Wasnt so bad. Anyway, the plane ride wasnt bad, I was in the middle of a nice lady and her son, but her son got sick.... not pretty, I wonder if it was his first time flying. Well lucky for him he has never read Airframe.

We left at like 12:30 (AM!) I watched the end of The Birdcage on TV, even though I am not gay its a funny movie, and then there was nothing good on so I listened to music. It was maybe like 2:30 when I shut it off and tried to sleep. I woke up an hour later and Andrew, the boy next to me, not too much younger, was throwing up. Not so bad, he was contained and all, just kinda sad to be there.... I feel sorry for you people who cant handle planes. Really, i do. Anyway, it wasnt bad, and it was a 5 hour trip, but with Time difference it was 8 when we arrived in JFK....

...which sucked. I quote Douglas Adams when I say "its no coincidence that no civilization ever has made the phrase 'as pretty as an airport'..." or something to that effect. I never understood since Sea-Tac is a cool place, always one of my favorite places, even though security annoys me now, but JEEZ... The Jet Blue wing of JFK was HORRRRIBLE. The baggage claim area looked ghetto and smelled and looked like it was washed in urine... omg, I was so happy to get out.

Trouble didn't stop there...

We were to catch a train from Penn Station to get to Boston, so we took the Air Train from the airport, which is just a monorail of some sort. We were following the signs to it, and it kinda pissed me off, seeing a sign like this...

Airtrain (up arrow)

I look up ahead and see no other sign, but then actually look up and OMG there it is right in front of me... only about 30 FT too high to board... WTF? I know, I know, we passed under it and got in the elevator up to it, but I was just standing there in the pick-up area with cabs going by going o__0?? Sure, I'll just borrow batmans utility belt and ZOOM up there! YAY!

Anyway, the Airtrain was not a train, nor did it "float" on air to my knowledge, which was kinda dissapointing to me, since there was this great special my dad was watching before I left about hovering trains to be built in China by 2003 (no, thats not a type, thats what the TV said. Look, we are WAY off topic here, can we go back?). Long story short, the train took forever to start moving, but when it did it wasnt so bad, just the fact we ended up stopping a few times and a VERY garbled voice "apologized" for the delay, or at least thats what I thought it said. After hearing something like that theres nothing you can say except

Me: Gezundheit

Point taken?

Anyway, then we hopped on a subway that was even more ghetto than the airport... I really appreciate Seattle now, I almost never want to come back to manhattan again.... Its awful in what I've seen of it. Penn station wasnt so bad, but it was hella crowded. I was so tired, after having breakfast it was 10 AM and we sat down in the waiting area for the 1:00 Amtrak. I fell asleep, woke up, and looked at my watch. The conversation went like this...

me: waaaaaa? (looks at watch)

Watch: 11:00

me: ugh...You're friggin kidding me.... (thinks: ONLY an hour of sleep? well that makes two in the last 24 hours)

ok, actually I realized from time diff it was like 21 but WTF??? The train wasnt so bad, for being buisiness class we got free drinks, though I was so tired, I pulled out my CD played and passed out numerous times. I musta listened to the same album by Sarah Mclachlan I dunno how many times in that one day alone... half of them WHILE i was asleep. Course it was including the time or two on the plane.....

Anyway, I can get into that some other time.

At the train station, I am hella tired and it is hella roasting, and I felt horrible. I had to carry two rolling backpacks, not so bad, but I was REALLY hungry and tired, and had a headache. ick.... not to mention the train station itself is like boiling, and still is, I pass through it at least 2x a day! Anyway, I'll come to that later.

The hotel was like a block from the train station, not too bad, eh? Anyway, we crashed in the hotel for a few minutes, and then went RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET to the Hard Rock Cafe. yes, their French Dip sandwitch wasnt so bad, and their music, well, ROCKS, what else?

Anyway, we come back to the hotel and I get on IM and email for a little bit. Course I am hella tired, and TOLD to go to bed by friends so I did. Course, had to watch the end of Goldeneye while it was on TV.... lol.

So that, in a nutshell is my SUNDAY, I am not as jet lagged as I normally am... but since it is monday today, I have to remember that far back, seems like last week, really.

Anyway, send me comments here, I'd love to hear from you.

Key: Complain about this post

Day one: The trip....

More Conversations for Omega 3 - The Mixing Dude

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more