This is the Message Centre for Omega 3 - The Mixing Dude

Long concert day! that was fun

Post 1

Omega 3 - The Mixing Dude

Long day, try picturing this:

About 1 in the morning I get off IM and go to sleep, I admit I coulda gotten off earlier, but I was having so much fun I guess.

2 in the morning I fall asleep. zzzZZZZZZzzzzz

7 in the morning I wake up, feeling really tired, get dressed in black and white for a concert, put my tie in my case and carpool with my friend to the rehearsal, we started at like 8:45

Break between groups, we are like 5 percussionists rockin out backstage meany, with various songs on our MP3 CD players.... One girl and like 4 guys just trading off, and we learned who is tonedeaf and who isn't. wow....... tat was a while ago from my perspective

Ok, around 12 we had a lunch break before the concert, and I wait with the drummers until the girl finds her parents to go with them, then 3 of us walk to starbucks and get MY lunch and one person gets a drink. It wasn't far, only like 3 blocks...

ok, 12:50 and we have gotten back, we just kill time for like 40 mins, talking about life, whatever..... so dull.

Concert goes from 2- about 3:30 ish, I played a couple small parts in the youngest symphony that I learned this morning.... not very hard. Unfortunately my private teacher missed it, car trouble after she just had it fixed, too...... That sux

At 4 I am actually playing with my group, my private teacher did make it to see that one. I played really well, but I kinda got mixed up and almost forgot to come onstage! Really dum, I thought they would come through the green room and I could follow them, but they went around. Lucky there was a TV showing the stage, and the timpani were tuned already....

Of course, nothing lasts forever, and timpani tuning on those beasts at Meany Hall were no exception. I was playing around all through the Beethoven Concerto to tune it right, eventually keeping my foot on the pedal.... not fun.

After, I got to watch the Junior Symphony, which I kinda quit since there was no real part to play in that orchestra for me. I was fine, since I had MUN and shit going on, I didn't really care.

Wow, then we tore everything down, moved equoipment back to the room where it is kept, which reminds me of the funniest sign I have ever seen... I don't remember what the name was, so its a fake one below... It can be seen in the room with all the percussion equipment:

For every piece of equipment you steal, I'll kill you.

Love, Roger.

LOL? Well anyway, I woulda checked it but that room was locked. Then we loaded the stuff that belonged to SYSO in the car and took our stuff. We drove a couple people home, had pizza and BAM it is right now 8:00. No really, it just turned 8:01....

I will field any questions you have about it, but for now I am tired, I'm gonna skip homework and just sleep till tomorrow, I am that tired.

Well, a little IM never hurt anyone, except yesterday (1 AM, 1 AM!)

Omega 3smiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post

Long concert day! that was fun

More Conversations for Omega 3 - The Mixing Dude

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more