This is the Message Centre for Omega 3 - The Mixing Dude

Video Games.... good or bad?

Post 1

Omega 3 - The Mixing Dude

It's coming to my attention how there's this huge debate going on over whether Video games are good or bad. Here's a little guide to give you an idea of how I feel about them...

Okay, I used to be a gamer, I mean the kind who would go OMG THOSE GRAPHIX LOOK SO SWEET I MUST HAVE THAT! Not anymore. I am not by any definition a "Hardcore" gamer, I only pay attention to a few game series that I already have played. Top ones including Metal Gear Solid, Zone of the Enders, etc. At least right now. I pick up a few games here and there, but not that hardcore about it, I just play for a little while, get bored, come back in a few years. I really don't have as much time for them anymore, so I just gave up.

But enough about me...

The good:

Video games can sometimes be movies where you choose the ending that you want. Games in the Metal Gear Solid series have excellent cinematics like a movie, and that's why lots of people play it: Like a movie, you play the main character and save the day, get the girl, whatever. Other games are good just if you're bored, I admit, they can be short just to entertain a few minutes of your time, since games like Metal Gear get very long sometimes.

I like RPGs, where you get to follow it like a movie, and they can be very good a lot of the time. I haven't played Final Fantasy games, but I know those are excellent, and a PS game called Threads of Fate was really amazing for being on playstation. My favorite series, Metal Gear Solid (Yes, the main character is in my picture) has one of the best stories out there. At the end of the most recent game, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, I was literally crying at the very end, it was just so amazing. The climactic end of a series (so we thought) along with the drama you get throughout the game, and the sorrow of the most emotional ending EVER just was so great......

Yes, I was crying, like the first 3 times I saw that ending, I was just......

:'(,',',',',',',',

Oh god, and Game music, too... gotta love it.

Plus, a good way to party with people if you aren't like competitive as hell, like so:

I WIN, YOU SUCK, U'LL NEVER BEET ME U STUPID NOOB!!!!!! HAHAHA LOL

If you hear yourself say the phrase above, you are a pathetic asshole who spends way too much time on games.

The bad:

Games like Grand Theft Auto are really violent, and I just don't care to see that. I mean, you want to go around and do whatever you want in a city, go ahead, I just don't want to see it. And the influence it has on kids...... Don't get me started.
Also, some games just suck because of little flaws I am surprised testers never notice, and it ruins the entire gameplay.

Also, no one really has a good method to rate games, since it's a game it should be about gameplay, not cutscenes, right?

Wrong!

It all goes together, I think people should buy games because they want them, not because they have amazing graphics.

Also, the gaming industry just moves too fast for me, I mean I just GOT a PS2 a couple years ago, like half a year after it came out, now I have to buy a PS3?? You gotta be kiddin me. I mean, right now I only play maybe 7 hours a month, and I need a whole new system just to get the new Metal Gear Solid 4 in like a couple years? YOU ARE NUTS!!!!!!

So anyway, find the right game for you, it depends. If you don't like keeping up, save for a new console and just stay on it for a while, it's usually backwards compatable with earlier games.

Any comments, just leave them for me, I'd be happy to address them!

Omega 3smiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post

Video Games.... good or bad?

More Conversations for Omega 3 - The Mixing Dude

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more