This is the Message Centre for mtbmadness

Hi!

Post 1

Fashion Cat

Welcome to the h2g2! I see that you've already gotten to the crux of h2g2 by writing an article and posting it onto peer review within the first half hour of being on here!

I'm a Guardian Angel, here to help you traverse this site. There are some rather weird and wonderful places on here, from places where you can have a natter in a pub to places where you can discuss Shakespeare. And if you are a budding writer, then there is plenty of opportunity for that too! smiley - smiley

If there is anything I can answer, just ask - you can click the reply button at the bottom of this posting. This is also how you can talk to other people in conversations. They dont bite, and if you jump in to somewhere you are interested, you're sure to meet plenty of friendly researchers!

smiley - smileysmiley - angel

*oh, and if you want to know how to enter smileys, just click on any of the pictures in this post, and it will take you to the Smileys page!

Hi!

Post 2

mtbmadness

Hello, sorry, I meant to say thanks for your hosting a-g-e-s ago.

It's good that you're here.

One thing I don't understand is that many people seem to be writing entries for the Encyclopedia Britannica.

I liked an article about chat-up lines but it seems that most people viewed it as too subjective/ offensive/ humourous/ inconsequential to justify inclusion.

Though I thought the article was informative and entertaining (very Reithian).

What's the deal there? I wrote an entry on Sports Journalism but found most people couldn't see past the sarcasm.

I blame my writing for not making it clearer.

But I don't want to read a guide full of recipes and biogs of obscure sci-fi authors.

Is there a place for fun in the guide?

mtbmadness

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for mtbmadness

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more