Mermaids & englishmen

Post 5

DikMik

You've lost me!!! smiley - bigeyes

Mermaids & englishmen

Post 6

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

Obscure librarian background.
Sorry. Get carried away when see obscure literary references. Splashing cold water in face, shaking head, clearing cobwebs, trying to regain touch with reality.

Illusions explained:

TS Eliot "The Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock" '...I have heard the mermaids singing..." and "...That is not it at all..." are both quotes from 'Prufrock' one of my favourite poems by one of my favourite poets.

The infamous Jack Point [alias????], Researcher 28309 who published the mermaid quote, also published the article on Gilbert & Sullivan. My favorite G&S song is 'He Is An Englishman' which I am likely to sing when I am 'in my cups' or if I have had a small gin and tonic, or if I think about it at all. It's a jolly good song, and I was enjoying the connection.

Just slap me if I do it again. Sorry.

Mermaids & englishmen

Post 7

DikMik

Well, that's that cleared up then. Let's hear a quick rendition - one, two, a one, two, three, four... smiley - winkeye

Mermaids & englishmen

Post 8

Jack Point

Yes, "Jack Point" is an alias.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jack Point

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more