This is the Message Centre for St Nessaja Patron Saint of Pessimistic Aardvarks (GA)

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi nessaja.

Thank you for your application to become a Guardian Angel.

You are now officially a "Learner GA" {or Lsmiley - angel}

Please ask all your questions here, and I will keep you informed about the ceremony, etc.

You can also let me know if you would like someone {living, dead or imaginary} to accompany you to your Sainting, or if you wish to wear anything special.

It might help to read some old Sainting ceremonies in the Heaven threads, so you get used to what might happen.

Just beware Archangel Kes's special smiley - pggb it is very potent.

Well the last batch was, it certainly took me a long time to recover.

smiley - drunksmiley - angel

Thanks for offering to join our ranks!

~AGB~
smiley - flyhi

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 2

St Nessaja Patron Saint of Pessimistic Aardvarks (GA)

So what do I do as a Lsmiley - angel? And how do I saint? Can I wear my dental coat? It's a particularly nice shade of white! I read one of the sainting ceremonies and got a bit confused, how does it work? And whay is smiley - pggb is it best that I dont ask and just stay well away? And my final question is............................................ is Saint Nessaja the Patron Saint of Pessimistic Aardvarks an OK title? So many questions! smiley - sorry

Nessaja

Lsmiley - angel!

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 3

I've been out practicing my greeting. Am I doing the right thing?

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 4

Herald of Heaven

You are doing a fantastic job, Nessaja! Thanks so much for your hard work!

Sorry I haven't gotten around to checking my threads lately, my internet accessibility relies mostly on my work schedule which can be quite erratic. So I apologize for not replying sooner, and I apologize in advance for any other lengthy waits you may encounter for a response.

To answer some of your questions:
smiley - starAs a learner smiley - angel you can hang around heaven and mingle with the other angels and learners, practice your greetings if you like, or start plans to organize aardvark counselling for the pessimists smiley - winkeye
smiley - starTo saint you need only be angelic, friendly and helpful smiley - angel You don't actually make other people saints, that's done by the Archangels in the ceremonies.
smiley - starYou may certainly wear your dental coat, or anything else you like, so long as you're wearing *something*!
smiley - starThe ceremonies can be a bit confusing, especially if you're not used to them. They generally involve an Archangel who will perform the ceremony with the ceremonial sainting sword. This usually causes a bit of excitement as the Archangel may be out of practise if it's been awhile since they've done a ceremony (they take turns) and if they've stopped by the drinks trolley on the way to the dais. We've never had any fatalities, and only a few minor injuries that i'm aware of smiley - smiley
smiley - starCeremonies take place every few months or so, and usually 4-7 or so learner angels are sainted individually. It's not necessary (and sometimes impossible) to be at your own ceremony, but it is fun smiley - biggrin The Archangel in charge and a few helpers take care of all the details, but it's helpful for them if you let them know in advance if there's anything special you'd like to wear for your ceremony, if there's anyone special you'd like to accompany you or witness your sainting, what kind of halo you'd like to receive, or any other details you'd like to incorporate. This is why it's usually a good idea to read some old threads to get an idea of what kinds of details might be included.
smiley - starYou can find out all about Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters (shortened for obvious reasons to smiley - pggb) here: A799419 Yes, they can sometimes be lethal, that's when it comes in handy to already have your wings-- not having to worry about all that mortality stuff smiley - winkeye
smiley - starYour title is just fine, but it won't be an official title until after your ceremony, and then we'll add you to the angel droplist and St Peter's Roster.

Did i miss anything?
smiley - angelsmiley - hug
You're doing just fine! smiley - biggrin

smiley - winkeye
harold

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 5

Thankyou!
I am now far less confuseled!
Pan-galactic gargle blasters! I forgot about them, it's been about 7 years since I read the Hitchikers guide to the galaxy! Must try and find a copy somewhere.
Not sure whether I will be at my sainting. Depends whether I'm at home or uni and whether I have exams/coursework/something else random and dental!
Not sure about type of halo yet. Is the traditional bit of tinsel on wire a little outdated now?
Nessaja

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 6

*takes notes*

"Traditional bit of tinsel on wire"
"Dental coat"

Old fashioned?smiley - erm
*remembers Archangel Kes's halo* smiley - laugh

*reads backlog*

smiley - yikes
It's necessary to wear clothes?smiley - yikes

smiley - run

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 7

Archangel Kes's halo?
Maybe I'll change the piece of wire?
What sort of halos are available I've had to think about it that much!?
Nessaja

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 8

You can have any halo you want.

smiley - smiley

Sorry about mine, it got splattered with paint in one of the Heaven threads...

smiley - erm

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 9

I heard about the paint incident. Wasn't it dripping from the ceiling? I think I'll stick with the tinsel on the bit of wire (or are there loads of angels with the same halo-style) but I think I'll go for some interesting tinsel. I've got some gold and silver holographic tinsel - will that be ok?
Nessaja

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 10

Archangels

Sounds perfect to me ;-) Your ceremony will take place here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F57540?thread=223672&post=2601275#p2601275 on Sunday morning, 11am GMT. You may attend if you wish, but it doesn't matter if you don't, as you will still get your wings and halo. ;-) Hope to see you there! Paint on the ceiling? Not the original Cistine chapel ceiling? *hopes St P doesn't find out.....*

Secret Heavenly Business

Post 11

Thankyou!
I'm so excited!

Key: Complain about this post