This is the Message Centre for Peregrin

congrats

Post 1

Anna

i'd just like to say nice one on becoming prez of h2g2. i haven't been around much as netscape is useless at displaying h2g2 pages (so I've found)and its the only one that the Leeds uni appears to use.... )*sympathy*).*we once ahad a conversation once*

congrats

Post 2

Peregrin

Thank you smiley - smiley

I seem to know lots of nice people at Leeds university for some reason... have you got involved in the CU?

Hmm, Netscape smiley - sadface. Have you got a choice of PCs/Macs/Unix workstations or anything? h2g2 might work better on an alternative type of computer.

Ah yes, I'm just looking at your user page, I remember I first found the stick figure death animation link on your page smiley - bigeyes! A truly inspired site.

Anyway, it's 3:15 AM and I've got to get up early tomorrow.

No I don't, I don't know why I said that. I'll probably sleep in again and make a dopey appearence to watch The Simpsons before going to bed again. Or something.

bing bong again

Post 3

Anna

so how's the presidency going? (hopefully a lot better than the one in the US smiley - sadface )

As for your question about the CU, I haven't got involved with it, but need to so, maybe if you could point me in the right direction of some of the people you know there - that would be lovely smiley - smiley.

Well, I finally got a line into my room, (hence the slow reply) and so don't have to rely on Netscape on the uni's computers and can use my own with IE5!

Right, time to go to bed - lots of coursework to finished tomorrow morning!! smiley - winkeye

bing bong again

Post 4

Peregrin

The presidency is going fine... I'm trying to write various exciting/relevant articles. I did one for the Post (h2g2 newspaper) a while ago on Human Rights, which seemed to go down well, so I might try and write similar things again.

Hmm... I know a few people at Leeds who don't go to the CU, and the only one who did has now graduated... smiley - sadface If I can think of anyone else I'll let you know. I've heard good things about it though, it sounds worthwhile going to.

Are you in halls of residence? Do you know if there's a CU 'hall group' or anything in your halls? They are small bible study groups, generally friendlier and easier to get to know people in than CUs.

Have fun with the coursework smiley - winkeye!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peregrin

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more