Oxford University

2 Conversations

Oxford is a small city not far from the outskirts of London. It is home to what is renowned as one of the greatest educational institutions in the world. This is just a propaganda ploy in order for the university to continue to receive money from its many foolhardy benefactors.

In reality, Oxford University is full of two types of people - students and tutors. Both groups are largely harmless, the former being mostly interested in sex and alcohol, the latter being mostly interested in books, alcohol and wandering about the city looking eccentric.

It would seem that neither group deserve the lavish sums of money conferred upon the university, but that just goes to show what a good reputation can do for you.

Not to be confused with Cambridge University...although the differences are difficult to ascertain exactly. Although Cambridge is closer to Norfolk than Oxford.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A99894

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more