Snobbery

2 Conversations

Snobbery can destroy people it is mental cruelty. Like the snobbery of school or adult bullies in seeing people as inferior. It can wreck confidence, obliterate personalities, leave people broken. It can destroy friendships as other people see you're friednds or you as scum. It can make you see your friends as scum not worth having as friends. Snobbery is one of the most cruel methods of bullying. It can wreck lives. But normally the victims of snobbery are so destroyed in terms of reputation, that anything they say is seen as scum so they're complaints and emotions are disregarded in any way the bullies can think of.
The victims of snobbery dehumanised as worthless scum laden ridden individuals. Some bullies see even touching something their victim has touched, like a piece of paper or a chair, as contamination.
I know what it is like to be a victim of such snobbery and it really breaks you down more and more. You feel so inferior and worthless. It really is powerful powerful bullying.
I include snobbery towards mongs, inadequates, shy people, wierdoes, black people, sad people, victims of bullying, ugly people, gays, etc. Whether you think snobbery is rght or wrong is not the issue. I am just pointing out what it does to people. It is mental cruelty it is torture it is abuse.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A997897

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more