Spook's Vision Of The Spaced Out Guide in The Context Of THHGTTG Offices

0 Conversations

In those HitchHiker's Guide Offices, you have, on the top floor, the Edited Guide. People submit factual entries for inclusion for it. some make it, some don't. Those that don't, either get moved to the flea market, which is just a collection of rejects, dropped to the Underguide, or away from the office block itself (ie away from the review forums).

On the bottom floor is the Underguide, where people submit entries that aren't ok for the Edited Guide. Once again, some will be rejected and moved to flea market or away from the officer block.

Now, on the middle floor is where I consider the Spaced Out Guide to be. There are no rejections here. People can submit anything, fictional or factual, and it will be accepted. From there, either I will recommend to the author or EG/UG scouts can post to the bottom of an entry suggesting it be submitted to either the EG or UG, depending on type of entry. The Spaced Out Guide becomes a place where guide entries can be submitted to become a part of something, and from there their guides may become part of something bigger and more official.

The Spaced Out Guide will also be a place where people can submit the stuff that did not make it into either the EG or UG. The Spaced Out Guide becomes a hub for entries.

Also, the Spaced Out Guide becomes a place where the CAC could find entries, but also perhaps the Post, who could have a Spaced Out Entry per week in there or something.

The Spaced Out Guide Menu System


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A975279

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more