The 1987 - 88 Fiat Uno 45

2 Conversations

Learning to drive

My first car was a Fiat Uno 45.

To give you a rough idea of it's condition, I bought it at the end of october.
It is now the middle of the following February and so far I have replaced:

The Engine
The Gear box
Both Wing Mirrors
The Exhaust (front and back sections)
And a whole range of other parts.

It's features include a glove compartment spacious enough for at least 1 1/2 gloves, A lovely view of the road through the hole that the gear stick comes through, and an exhaust with more holes than a golf course.

Of course, like most people, I hold a certain soft spot for my first car. It got me from here (southampton) to London and back, to Cambridge and back, and has given me my first taste of real freedom. It gave me the sense that i could go anywhere, I just wanted to drive it until there wasn't any road left to drive on. That little car looked great in my eyes, and with a lot of TLC and time spent on it, it became a reasonable car. I hope I've helped it to give someone else that sense of freedom.

So, would I reccomend anyone buying a 1988 Fiat Uno 45?



I've just bought myself a Rover.




Rob Pannell
Kaine_2k
The World of Kaine

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A968196

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more