Forbes, Green Jack, Oulton Ales, brewry, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft Suffolk

0 Conversations


History


Forbes Brewry started brewing in spring 1988 using the plant and premises of Oulton Broad Brewery (of which little information remains). Brewing ceased at the beginning of 1993, when the brewery was taken over by Green Jack Brewing Co.


Beers brewed


To the best of my knowledge this is an accurate, though perhaps not definitive list of the beers brewed during the period the brewry was owned by and named Forbes Brewery.


  • Best Bitter

  • Bitter

  • Black Shuck

  • Boudecea

  • Brown Roy

  • Xmas Ale

  • Excelsior Bitter

  • Harvest Ale

  • India Pale Ale

  • Light Ale

  • Light Bitter

  • Merrie Monarch

  • Northern Bitter

  • Traditional

  • Trial Bitter

The brewery remained Green Jack Brewery until 2002 when the owners split their seperate ways. Tim Dunford (head brewr) retained the Triangle taven in Lowestoft and the brewry renamed to Oulton Ales.


Tim continued brewing at the rear of the Triangle Taven (and sucessfully too winning awards), under the name ???, whilst Green Jack brewry (Oulton Broad), changed its name to OUlton Ales, and developed a new line of beers.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A9680772

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more