A Conversation for The Amfoot Trivia Questions - Hall of Fame

The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 1

Bright Blue Shorts

*wanders out of gents toilet, adjusting flies. Looks up, notices audience, blushes then coughs*

“Ahem, good evening honoured guests of the Amfoot Trivia Questions - Hall of Fame. I would like to personally thank each of you for coming here, and I hope that the landlord’s hospitality has been appreciated.

This evening is indeed a very special evening for all of us. I personally have for many weeks dreamed of the day when we would be able to establish such a shrine to the souls who play the trivia quiz at its highest level.

It is great honour that tonight we accept our first inductee to the ATQHoF. This is a young man of great knowledge, and a young man of great heart. He has suffered the traumas of the Dolphins in 1993 and 2002, he has given his all to American Football in Britain, and he has endured living in Bristol. But it is his achievements and rapid answering in the trivia quiz that bring us here tonight to celebrate. I give you Fiedlers Fizzle …”

*looks out into audience but can't see FF. Shakes head and mutters. Begins to panic*

"I, er, give you Fiedlers Fizzle"

*turns and gesticulates at hall lackey to go find him*


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 2

Bright Blue Shorts

"Er ladies and gentlemen of the Hall. I must apologise Mr Fizzle appears to have been delayed somewhat. Please partake in a smiley - ale, smiley - stout, smiley - stiffdrink or smiley - redwine of your choosing in the meantime."


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 3

Bright Blue Shorts

"Ladies and gentlemen, I must apologise to you all. It appears the FiedlersFizzle has been uncontrovertibly delayed and so we will have to postpone tonight's proceedings. Please feel free to continue enjoying the hospitality" smiley - smiley


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 4

FiedlersFizzle

smiley - erm.... sorry (looks sheepish)... am I late?

I, um... have a speech and.... erm, stuff... I wrote it myself....

Just to explain, I was all ready to go, sat with refreshments, speech and trivia questions on the bed that serves as my computer chair, and what happens... I cannot get onto any website!! Including this one.. In fact, I've had no access all weekend (apart from AOL's set stuff which is utter pants!!smiley - sadface)...

Unfortunately, my PC likes to do this from time to time (I'm presently at work on a more reliable PC)... If you wanna re-arrange then just let me knowsmiley - ok... or I can just do the necessary in work...

PS - anything happen in the world of NFL over the weekend? I haven't been able to access the usual websites (Humph!!) smiley - wah

smiley - cheersFF


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 5

FiedlersFizzle

smiley - erm... have I been inducted yet?


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 6

Bright Blue Shorts

"Here to give a few words to the Hall is the man himself ... I give you Fiedlers Fizzle" ...

*gestures frantically at FF to come up to the podium and give speech*


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 7

FiedlersFizzle

(splutters sandwich at this unexpected turn of events and makes way to podium...) smiley - erm right, speech... hang on a minute! I just need to fish it out of my 'very deep' pockets...smiley - winkeye


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 8

FiedlersFizzle

Thank you, thank you... (pauses until applause abates)

Well, erm... not done many speeches before... I guess I have a lot of people to thank, without whom I would not have achieved such lofty aspirations as the Trivia Hall of Fame! So, erm... thanks... you know who you all are... I expect.

Well, I guess it all started in 1986 when I read Ken Thomas' Channel 4 American Football Annual, featuring the 1985 season and the Bears year of dominance... Wavering a little, I finally began, as a fresh faced 14 year old, to watch games in 1987... during the players strike!! Kyle Mackey was the first ever Dolphin QB I witnessed... still, it was during... (blah, blah, blah, blah).... and she said, 'but Vicar, that's where we keep the artichokes!!!........ (pause to allow laughter to subside..)

Well, that's enough from me. I guess I'll gather up my lorry load of refernce material and my anorak and continue to do what I do best... sad isn't it?

Oh well, maybe there's a forthcoming fantasy American Football programme in need of their own 'statto'.

I thank you all again for being here.

smiley - smiley


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 9

Bright Blue Shorts

"Thank-you FF. A deeply moving speech that I'm sure will bring a tear to the eyes of one, or even two, of us ...

And now I ask you to present us with your first football-related trivia question for future exhibition at the Hall"


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 10

FiedlersFizzle

smiley - erm... is this supposed to be a Fins Q?


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 11

Bright Blue Shorts

"And your second question?"


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 12

Bright Blue Shorts

"Mr Fizzle ... we still await your presentations"


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 13

FiedlersFizzle

(coughs!)... smiley - erm... presentations?

Sorry! I've been languishing at the back making the most of the complementary drinks (hic)... what have I gotta do now?


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 14

Bright Blue Shorts

"You were about to present your three football-related trivia questions for exhibition at the Hall."


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 15

FiedlersFizzle

Right... first Q then... and a Miami related one to boot..

There is only one team Miami have played and never beaten... who are they?


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 16

Bright Blue Shorts

"Could it be the Baltimore Ravens?"


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 17

FiedlersFizzle

So you don't remember Ray Lewis taking his frustration out Ricky Williams in a losing cause last year then?smiley - winkeye


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 18

Bright Blue Shorts

"No. It's probably the Panthers in that case."


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 19

FiedlersFizzle

No... but closesmiley - winkeye


The Induction of FiedlersFizzle

Post 20

Bright Blue Shorts

"Jacksonville Jaguars?"


Key: Complain about this post