Office Space-The Movie

1 Conversation

For all those who hate work* you must see this movie
Sounds like sombody has a case of the Mondays
The Movie

Based off the animated shorts "Milton" Mike Judge (Beavis and Buthead, King of the Hill) took his idea for a horrid workplace and put it on the big screen. Peter Gibbons, a programmer for Initech, hates his job. His girlfriend is cheating on him, his eight bosses keep bothering him about the cover sheet on his TPS reports, and to top it all off, he has to see a "Relationship counsoler" friday night, when all he wants to do is go fishing. But he knows he cant because his boss is going to ask him to work over the weekend. To complicate thing the compony is bringing in a pair of "effeciancy experts", which are there to make the company more efficiant*. But everything changes when the counsoler dies after putting Peter into a full relaxation hypnosis. Peter finds himself not caring about anything, except fishing. When he finally does show up to work a few days later* he immediatly becomes popular with the consultants and is rocketed into a management position. He later learns that his two friends are to be layed off. They promptly hatch up a plan to get their final revenge against initech...

Some other Tidbits

Of course this is not all of the movie* there are many sketches in between and during the plot that make the movie what it is and help make it the cult hit that it is in america today.

The Characters

Peter Gibbons-The hero of our story, Doesn't quite know what to do with his life, so he modifies bank code for the year 2000.

Ron Livingston(Adaptation, Swingers)

Joanna- A waitress at Chotchkes, Eventually becomes the Girlfriend of Peter.
Jennifer Aninston(Friends)

Samir Nayeenanajar- Another programmer for Initech, has a very shot temper, and is one of Peter's best friends, hate people who cannot pronounce his name
Ajay Naidu(Hannibal, K-PAX)

Michal Bolton- The worst thing in his life happened when he was twelve and that "No talent hack" started singing. The other good friend of Peter, he is one of the best programmer's at Initech and is constantly threatining to steal all of it's money by way of the computer
David Herman(MAD TV, King of the Hill)

Bill Lumberg- One of Peter's Many bosses, believed to be the leader.
Gary Cole (I Spy, Various Made for TV movies)

Milton Waddams- A squirlly looking man with large glasses, he seems to do something that involves large amounts of paperwork, but no one is sure what. Higly defensive of his Stapler* his radio and the position of his cubicle. He is constantly talking about burning down the biulding if any of these are threatened
Stephen Root (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, King of the Hill)

Tom Smykowski- His job is to have his secretary talk to the customers, and then have her tell the engineers what the customers want. He is paranoid about his job security and is the Inventor of the "Jump to Conclusions Board"
Richard Riehle (Glory, Mighty Joe Young)

The Bob's- The Consultants Brought in By Bill Lumburge they Love Peter Gibbons and Michal Bolton*
John C. McGinley and Paul Wilson


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A951987

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Currently in:

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more