DMO - Warming things up Experiment number 34E

0 Conversations

Note: This is not a guide line of any sort, it is a record of an experiment with food, and the results found here in. please if your going to try this at home, I assume armor and heat and corosive resistant gloves.

Experiment Number 34ESubject: Food
Giniepig: DoctorMO
ID Code: 34E
Date/Time: 28/01/2003 04:23

This is based on the H2G2 post recipy for Goulash, The aim of this expriment was to create a dish, far more spicy and whith out the potatoes cooked in the source.

Ingredence
  • 150g Diced Pork
  • 3 tblsp Tomato Purry
  • 1 tea spoon mustard seeds
  • 1 tea spoon chili powder
  • 1 tea spoon Tumeric
  • 5 or 6 button mushrooms
  • A tin of chopped tomatos
  • chopped garlic, I used 3 pices
  • Half a reasonable onion finly chopped.
  • Method

    Oven was heated to Gas Mark 7ish, and some potatoes were installed on middle shelf, (these are not ingredients, just optional extras)

    A jug was taken, (not sure from where), most ingredients were added, apart from the pork, which was arranged in a small oven dish. the ingredients in the dish were thoughrly stirred and chopped up some more. More Chili powder was added for my own preference.

    The source was added to the pork in the dish. and installed upon the top shelf in the oven.

    Food was then cooked in oven for about 30 to 35 minuets, and a dish suitably sized was prepared, and the meal was served.

    Results

    Meal should serve about 2 people, or 1 greedy bugger (in other words me.), if you would like to inflict this upon others, make an allowance in the amount of ingredience,

    The meal was very nice tasting with no side effects or illness to report as of yet.

    I found the meal Extremely Spicy like a strong curry with out the curry powder that burns, my nose ran after minuets, and my doctor informs me my esophagus will grow back in a few years. Remeber I'm an experanced curry eater, and people should take this to mean it was very hot indeed.

    Quite filling with the potatoes, which were the frozen variety, I didn't have time to prepare fresh ones. wouldn't recon it would go nice with rice because of the garlic.

    Conclusions

    Warmed me up a treat, no need to add salt or anything, possibly good for you, only time will tell. If your going to follow this daft idiot in making either this dish or your own, remember to not catch fire, try to over cook things slightly on your fist go*, and if something tastes wrong or looks still frozen, don't eat it!

    Next Edition

    The next few experiments will be working towards quick and dirty fixes with 'things that take too long in cooking', I have heared of the tinned vegtable in the oven idea, microwaving rosties before the oven and even low fat popcorn in the microwave. if you happen to know of a quick and dirty fix to food, let me know. and pending on moneies and time, experiments will be conducted to test these ideas.

    -- DoctorMO --



    * Eating burnt food is one thing, dieing from undercooked food is quite another.


    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Conversations About This Entry

    There are no Conversations for this Entry

    Entry

    A948053

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    References

    h2g2 Entries

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more