Crossfire

0 Conversations

"Danny!! Danny!! Danny!!"

This was the moment Dan Thomas had been waiting for all his life.

"The wait is nearly over folks," came a voice over the loud speaker.

His, first and perhaps only chance to get that which he had desired his entire life.

The voice continued "What can I say about this guy,"

Fame.

"He has only been on the scene five minutes, and yet his songs are selling like wild fire"

Dan's heart was pumping like drummer gone mad, though with the screaming and chanting noises from croud combined with the adreneline rushing through his body he barely noticed it.

"Dan has been compared with the best in the business, but lets be honest theres only one of him..."

He felt numb. He could barely feel the strings on his electric guitar.

"Let me introduce..."

But he was now ready.

"...Danny Thomas".

The crowd went up another level of volume. "Danny!!!!Danny!!!!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Ratttaatttaa!!!! Boom!!!!"

The noise in the background was defening. Alan Jones, couldn't move. He knew he would soon have to. But it seemed impossible. He felt like he was listening to things underwater. He could hear a voice.

"Alan!!", a face he recognised came in to focus. A friend and superior. "Sergeant Jones, snap out of it!".

Lieutenant Archie MacAndrew had been his friend since the start of the fighting, when they had both been posted to this trench.

Alan began to focus : "Erm...yes sir. Sorry!"


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A906473

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more