The Hoobs- An Overview

1 Conversation

The Hoobs


Anybody who is up at a ridiculous time in the morning in England will be aware that Channel 4 has the rights to show the educational docudrama "The Hoobs", about alien creatures visiting earth. The Osbournes follows a similar format, but is on later. This article will help you understand the fuss about the Hoobs.

About the Hoobs


The Hoobs are a race of brightly coloured creatures from a planet known in the native tongue as "Hoobland". Obsessed with trivia, Hoobs will spend all day trying to answer questions ranging from "How can you cross the ocean?" to "What should I put in my pocket?", suggesting some sort of racial compulsive disorder.

Technology

Their technology is biological, with their transport being powered by small singing creatures called Motorettes, which sing the same song in different styles, these being "Gilbert and Sullivan", "Mudd" and "Dreadful".

The Hoobs on Earth

There are actually Hoobs on Earth, or "The Peep Planet", as they refer to it. The Four Hoobs on Earth, Iver, Tula, Groove and Roma, are all here collecting information for their boss, called Hubba Hubba, who is compiling a great "Hoobapaedia", in which all the trivia in the universe is to be contained.

"Tiddlypeeps"

Unusually, for a race of information gatherers, instead of talking to fully grown adults, they restrict their questions to Children, or "Tiddlypeeps", which may explain why they only ask trivial questions about the contents about their pockets instead about Quantum Physics.

Conclusion

Overall, the Hoobs are quite pleasant, and are a lot of fun, and are quite into inuendo, especially with their Hoobynuts and the pasttime of "Waggling and Woofing"!


Most bizarre.1
1This article is based on observations made during the popular Jim Henson TV series "The Hoobs"

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A883749

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more