The h2g2 Post 08.04.24

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 8th April 2024

This week's title is Sitting Pretty. Clockwise from upper left: Rossi the grey-striped tabby cat in a wild place, two ducks hanging out, two pigeons sitting on a formal outdoor bust, some yellow daffodils, the public library at Inverness, a golden eagle statue in a gothic cathedral, Astrid's scary sun-face for her spring walk totem, a fluffy bird in extreme closeup, the Cite du vin wine museum in Bordeaux, and a picturesquely moss-covered disused bridge by the river.

We're taking a chance posting this. We're gambling that the internet is wrong again.

We're assuming that the 8 April solar eclipse is going to do what all the other solar eclipses have done since the dawn of time, which is confuse a few chickens. Although any area in the US with a Nineveh nearby has warned everyone to beware of possible traffic jams.

There are two Ninevehs in Pennsylvania. The other one is much bigger than our local unincorporated Nineveh. It's also closer to the Turnpike, so I imagine all the nutters will congregate down there.

In other words, things are going as usual on Planet Earth.

Having recovered from being April fools, our contributors have proceeded to send in lovely landscapes, flowers, and birds. Feast your eyes this week. Spring is upon most of us. Expect more flowers next week.

In the meantime, there are stories to read. Some of them are illustrated. There's a picture quiz to solve. Opinions are aired, jokes are told. Be kind as you comment. Awix has found some monsters to enjoy.

Have fun out there this week. Send more Stuff.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Cover for The Building, DG's new book, available from Lulu.Cover for A Crime Has Been Committed, the latest omnibus book, available from Lulu.
Buy for yourself or
HooToo Fiction:
give as a gift!
(Click the pic.)
Best in the Galaxy!
(Click the pic.)


Online Exchange of the Week:
Christopher Guyver: Decadence started earlier in France.

Dr Francis Young: Isn't that just called 'being French'?
A hippie van on a charmed road and a giant cat under a magic tree.


April 2024 Creative Challenge:
When Things Got Weird


Video Extra:
Chicken Dance, with Real Chickens
Click here in Ripley


h2g2 LOOKS AT THE ANIMAL KINGDOM

(With occasional science)

Obligatory Cat

Rossi the grey-striped tabby cat in the wild.


POTPOURRI

THAT'S OUR STORY AND
WE'RE STICKING TO IT


Chapter 11
Questions and Some Answers

Lives of the Gheorghenis by DG.

JUST LOOKING AROUND



Bonus Landscape
The moon, sheep, and a rainbow, by Angel LiaDan
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
SURPRISES


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88045437

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more