A Conversation for Join the Q: The Joy of Painting

Wow ,Sasha

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Verysmiley - cool paintings. I was always lousy in school art classes. Did these take you long to finish?


Wow ,Sasha

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Thank you smiley - biggrin

I was always lousy in school art classes too! When I didn't have the pressure of trying to get a good grade, I found I quite enjoyed painting after a friend bought me a little set of watercolour paints one Christmas.

That is the joy of painting along with Bob Ross - the programmes are only half an hour long, so (thanks to the pause button) I can finish a painting in about an hour. Long enough to get good practice in, but not too long, so it it good fun smiley - biggrin


Wow ,Sasha

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I like the painting at top left. It makes me think of the work of Grandma Moses, though she crammed an amazing amount of detail into every painting.

I know what you mean when you talk about watching more television because of Covid-19 social distancing.

I don't watch TV, but I have found youtube to be a repository of old TV episodes from the 1950s and 1960s. I've seen about 50 episodes of the old Burns and Allen Show (they are a special favorite of mine, as I was once smitten with tales of the days of vaudeville).

Once I've seen enough episodes, I may write a guide entry on that show. If I can see those episodes on youtube, chances are good that people in other countries can see them too. Also, George Burns and Gracie Allen were apparently popular in the U.K., as witness their appearing in the film "Damsel in distress," which takes place in England.

Also, 132 episodes of their TV show aired in the U.K. in the early 1960s.

The short days and weak sunlight have me desperate at times for beach scenes. I even watch swimwear ads on youtube. smiley - blush


Wow ,Sasha

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks paulh smiley - biggrin

Glad you've found some good TV episodes, too smiley - biggrin I'm not familiar with the Burns and Allen Show, but I was able to find some on youtube, so that would be great if you write an Entry for Peer Review some time smiley - biggrin

"The short days and weak sunlight have me desperate at times for beach scenes. I even watch swimwear ads on youtube. smiley - blush"

smiley - biggrin Here's a music video that reminds me of a swimwear ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLV52d7J8rAsmiley - blush


Wow ,Sasha

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

George Burns had an amazing movie career in late life. here was a man who enjoyed his vices, laughed at the world, and was around to see the 100-year mark. Gracie Allen, his wife and partner, pushed herself hard to master her lines and perfect her comic persona, and wore herself out before she could reach seventy. Yet it is always Gracie who is the center of attention in her appearances with George.

I find her irresistible, and yet George is the one who wears well and never makes a false move. An amazing study in contrasts (Gracie as irresistible force, George as immovable object?).

Also proof (if proof was needed) that opposites attract. And sometimes they dance together at he end of the show. Their dancing is poetry in motion.


Wow ,Sasha

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Join the Q: The Joy of Painting

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more