How to Update Firmware on Netgear AC1200 WiFi Extender

0 Conversations

If your Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender has, all of sudden, started behaving weirdly, then chances are that you might have not updated its firmware from a longer time. So, no more to wait! To fix these blow-in issues and make your extender running properly, you need to update its firmware to the latest version. Here's how.

Netgear AC1200 Firmware Update


There are two ways to update Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender firmware. They are: manually and automatically. Let's start discussing them one by one.
  1. Netgear AC1200 Auto-Firmware Update

Once you are done with the Netgear AC1200 setup, you can set the extender to automatically update its firmware whenever available.

  • Connect the power adapter of your Netgear AC1200 wireless range extender to the wall socket.
  • Check the power LED of your extender to make sure that it is properly turned on.
  • Connect your PC or laptop to a high-speed WiFi network.
  • Now, pull up an internet browser as per your liking.
  • Navigate to the Netgear AC1200 extender login web page.
  • Input the user ID and password.
  • Hit the Log In button.
  • Click on the Extender Menu icon.
  • Go to the Firmware Update page via Settings > Firmware Update.
  • Click on the Check button.
  • The extender will check for a new firmware version.
  • If available, walk through the on-screen steps to update the Netgear AC1200 firmware.

That's how you can update the firmware after Netgear extender setup.

  1. Manually Update Netgear AC1200 Extender Firmware

Netgear continues to release firmware updates to enhance the extender's performance, improve security, and add new features. In order to make sure that new features are available on your WiFi range extender, don't forget to run only the latest firmware on it.

Here's how to manually update Netgear WiFi range extender firmware:
  • Power on your Netgear AC1200 range extender.
  • Make sure that the extender is getting fluctuation-free power supply.
  • Now, connect your extender to the main router using an Ethernet cable.
  • Turn on your router and connect to the Netgear_Ext network.
  • Visit your Netgear extender's web page.
  • Enter the product name or model number in the given field.
  • Hit Downloads.
  • Choose a firmware version and hit Download.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Next, load a web browser and go to mywifiext.net web page.
  • The login window will appear.
  • Enter the admin user ID as well as the passphrase.
  • Click on the Firmware Update button.
  • Hit the Browse option and then upload the downloaded file.
  • The firmware update process starts.
  • The extender will restart itself.

Do not interrupt the firmware update process in-between; otherwise, the firmware file can be crashed.

Note: These steps to manually update the firmware can also be used to downgrade the firmware on your wireless extender.


In this way, you can update the firmware version on your Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender. In case you know any other method to update the Netgear range extender's firmware, do let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear from our beloved users.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87982762

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more