The h2g2 Post: 29.04.19

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 29th April 2019

42 Bottles of Beer in the Cargo Hold…

42 Beer, by Robbie. The picture is by Robbie, not the beer. He bought it. Robbie Stamp sent us this photo. He seemed excited about this beer, for some reason. He said it came from 'a local brewer in Hay on Wye!!!' After misreading the subject heading as 'ham on rye', I sorted the startling information out in my mind. 'Aha,' I thought, 'Suzie Q Ferguson explores the world of micro-breweries.' Robbie promises to go and meet the brewer and find out if Zaphod buys his beer there. In the meantime, Suzie Q Ferguson, the world's most terrible tour guide, is alive and well in this week's issue. For one thing, she's been to Hawaii, because we have an outraged photo to prove it. I asked for Waikiki Beach, not an eco-lecture. But we takes what we gets.

So will you.

What have we got, apart from deadly tropical fish?
42 Beer, by Robbie. The picture is by Robbie, not the beer. He bought it.

  • A very funny short story by Paigetheoracle.
  • Two incredible tales of youthful employment by Caimanraptorelk and Pinniped (welcome back!). You'll be amazed, and possibly want to move to either the Netherlands or Finland. Better do it before that Brexit business happens.
  • All kinds of photos. You'll laugh, admire, grow thoughtful, and just sit there stunned, by turns.
  • Cartoons to laugh at, comics to follow.
  • Quizzes to learn from.
  • A photo to caption.
  • A movie to avoid, or not, depending on your tastes. (Awix has the low-down.)
  • A brand-new Create Challenge for May. No more work: just do a bit of walking.

You'll like this Stuff, we promise. Or your money back. Read, leave comments, go out and walk 42 steps and send me Stuff! I need more Stuff! And have a good week!



Create May 2019 by Freewayriding
May Create Challenge:
42 Steps


Dmitri Gheorgheni

VIEWS OF EARTH

THOUGHTS


MINDSCAPES

LAUGHS
OUR STORIES
ADVENTURES


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87931191

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more