Post Quiz - Inventions from the 'Hitchhiker's Guide': Answers

1 Conversation

Inventions from the Hitchhiker's Guide: Answers

Amazing how many incredibly useful/useless inventions there are in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. You'd almost think it was modern, or something.

  1. For crossing interstellar distances in a mere nothingth of a second, without tedious mucking about in hyperspace.
  2. By effectively removing all barriers to communication between different cultures and races, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.
  3. It is in theory possible to extrapolate the whole of creation…from, say, one small piece of fairy cake.
  4. The 'sexier and smarter' in-building climate-control air-conditioning technology that sparked the Great Ventilation and Telephone Riots.
  5. An interstellar faster-than-light telecommunications network used by hitchhikers to flag down passing spaceships.
  6. The most important item a hitchhiker can have.
  7. The lenses turn completely black at the first hint of trouble, thus preventing the wearer from seeing anything that might alarm him/her.
  8. Hyperintelligent pan-dimensional beings built the supercomputer Deep Thought in part to comprehend why people spend so much of their lives wearing these.
  9. The greatest weapon of mass destruction ever created in the history of the universe.
  10. Works by exploiting the irrational mathematics that apply to numbers on a waiter's bill pad and groups of people in restaurants.
  1. Infinite Improbability Drive
  2. Babelfish
  3. Total Perspective Vortex
  4. Breathe-o-Smart
  5. Sub-Etha
  6. Towel
  7. Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses
  8. Digital watches
  9. Supernova bomb
  10. Bistromathic drive
Zaphod Beeblebrox from The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy TV Series.
Have you got an extra pair
of Peril-Sensitive Sunglasses?
Both my heads have
been watching the news.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

14.01.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87927439

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more