The Post Quiz: Devils and Demons, Oh, My

0 Conversations

How knowledgeable are you on this cryptotheological subject?

The Post Quiz: Devils and Demons, Oh, My

You see them in the movies. You know, the kind you watch late at night as an excuse for eating all that junk food. You leave snarky reviews of them on Netflix. But how expert are you at distinguishing these various demons?

Match the demons from the list to their descriptions.

  List of Demons 
  • Skin-walker
  • Kaukas
  • Dullahan
  • Tikoloshe
  • Incubus
  • Asmodeus
  • Cailleach
  • Beelzebub
  • Wendigo
  • (New) Jersey Devil

Descriptions:

  1. It's 'kangaroo-shaped', has bat wings, claws and hooves, and hangs around the Pine Barrens. Sightings date back 300 years, remarkable for North America.
  2. This guy's the headless horseman of Ireland. He calls out the names of those who die, and hangs out with banshees, a bad lot.
  3. He's a good-looking devil, but he limps.
  4. Speaking of good-looking: guys, you want to keep this demon away from your gf. It pitches woo in the night.
  5. His name – 'Lord of the Flies' – is probably just a bad pun in Hebrew.
  6. She's Celtic, she's usually an old lady, and she can seriously mess with your weather.
  7. Shapeshifters are common enough. Some are demons, others just people with superpowers. This one's Navajo.
  8. If a Boston Researcher gets snowbound too long and tries to eat you, he may be possessed by one of these Algonquian cannibal entities.
  9. The Lithuanian leprechaun, this fella brings good things in the form of 'lifetime supplies' of what you need. (Lithuanians aren't judgemental about the supernatural.)
  10. This Xhosa demon gets on the good side of women by offering to do housework in return for sexual favours. Beware!

Has this list got your head swimming? Click the picture for answers.

A pixie
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

03.04.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87887065

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more