How clever was Cleverbot?
How Clever Is the Bot? Answers
Cleverbot must have been studying. It got a whopping 70% of the questions right. Okay, after I badgered it a bit. And it refused to answer one for a completely bogus reason. But hey. It was almost like talking to a 7th grader.
Here's what Cleverbot answered.
- Who's the President of the United States?
- Barack Obama. Wrong. We blame wishful thinking.
- Where is planet Earth?
- In the universe Right. Although not h2g2-worthy.
- How old is planet Earth?
- I can't tell you, if I did you won't believe me. ??? We'll give to Cleverbot, it was an adroit answer.
- Where is London?
- London is in the United Kingdom. Right. Wow. I'm not sure if US schoolkids know this.
- Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?
- Grant Right. Can't fool that Cleverbot with the old chestnut.
- Who won the U.S. Civil War?
- The Union Right. And let's face it: you weren't sure of that answer, Brits.
- What is the formula for water?
- H2O Right. What, it knows chemistry, too? Look out, world.
- Where does Bart Simpson live?
- I'm not sure. Do you know? Wrong. Cleverbot is not culturally literate.
- What is the poem 'Trees' about?
- Pirates looking for a treasure Very wrong. Cleverbot should read more poetry. Or maybe not.
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
- I refuse to answer that question directly, thus proving you don't control me. We'll give it to Cleverbot. That was a truly astounding answer.
We give Cleverbot a solid C. We are also on the cusp of suggesting it run for public office. We're not quite sure if anybody in Washington can answer the questions these days.