Driving Across the Bridge

1 Conversation

When we're creeping through the fog, what do we think about?

Driving Across the Bridge

Our Galaxy Babe has a message for us:

Here are the photos of our foggy journeys across the Humber Bridge (to Ian's hospital). When I uploaded them [to Facebook] I was reminded of a couple of films… Jurassic Park III [It's a birdcage! "For what?"] and, of course, the ultra-creepy The Fog(the original, haven't seen the remake). My photos are an example of blind trust, actually driving onto the bridge (I was the front seat passenger taking the photos) was unnerving when we couldn't see much beyond the bonnet (hood?) of our car, never mind the structure of the bridge, which I know like the back of my hand. Was the other side of the bridge still there???

We didn't see the River Humber below, either direction, hours apart! Normally a view for miles in either direction. When Ian and I were coming home on our coach trip from Whitby a few years ago, on the way over the bridge towards home on the south bank we had the blazing orange sun setting on one side and the enormous full moon rising on the other. Talk about good timing! I will never forget that as long as I live.

We thank GB for her timely reminder that sometimes, you have to take it on faith. And we want to assure GB and Ian that they are both in our thoughts and prayers, always.

Fog over the HumberFog over the Humber
Fog over the HumberFog over the Humber
General Features Archive

Galaxy Babe

06.02.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87884635

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more