Can you keep up with the rocket scientists?
The Post Quiz: Rocket Science History
This information comes from the Kennedy Space Center, which bills itself as a 'multi-user spaceport' these days.
See if you can answer these questions about rocket science history.
True or false?
- The earliest rockets were used by the Chinese to repel extraterrestrials.
- There were no bomb craters in China in the 13th Century.
- The Turks used rockets to capture Budapest on 25 December 1241.
- The Mongols used rockets to capture Baghdad in 1258.
- The 1647 English work, The Art of Gunnery, contains 43 pages on rockets.
- In 1730, the Germans made the biggest rockets in Europe.
- The Tippoo Sultan was overwhelmed by British rocketry at the two battles of Seringapatam.
- Congreve rockets are the 'bombs bursting in air' in the US national anthem.
- In 1862, a rocket exploded under a Union Army mule. The mule deserted to the Confederacy.
- Wernher von Braun was considered a juvenile delinquent because of his interest in rockets.
Did you whoosh through these true/false questions? You can click the rocket for answers.