The Post Quiz: Productive Dreams: Answers

0 Conversations

Is your dream productivity down lately?

The Post Quiz: Productive Dreams: Answers

Someone sleeping the sleep of the just

Were these dream titbits exciting? Or merely a big yawn? You decide.

Obviously, some of these dream discoveries were momentous. Others? Well, we're not sure if it wouldn't have been better if that vampire lady had drunk more coffee, you know what we mean? To each his own.

How many of these famous dream-inspired creations did you know? We've filled in the blanks.

  1. When Elias Howe was trying to figure out how to build a sewing machine, he dreamed about ...cannibals. (They were poking him with spears, and the spears had holes in them…)
  2. James Carmeron dreamed The Terminator while he was...sick with a fever. No, it wasn't controlled substances. Be ashamed of yourself.
  3. Rene Descartes dreamed up the ... scientific method on 10 November, 1619.
  4. Friedrich August Kekule figured out the benzene ring by dreaming of a ....snake swallowing its tail. Numinous.
  5. James Watson allegedly figured out the double helix structure of DNA by dreaming of ...a spiral staircase. And then Hitchcock made the movie…
  6. A vampire dream started off the .. Twilight.series.
  7. Paul McCartney dreamed the melody to ...Yesterday. And it became hugely popular.
  8. Robert Louis Stevenson was ill when he dreamed the plot for ...Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Now, Stevenson was using what would now be controlled substances, but weren't then. Which explains a lot.
  9. Herge had a nightmare about a skeleton in a white landscape, so he sent Tintin to ...Tibet. (It was his therapist's idea.)
  10. To understand relativity, Einstein had a dream about some...cows. And a farmer with an electric fence. We're not making this up. We read it in a book.

Does this make you feel like an underachiever? It should. If all you got was 40 winks, get busy. Dream a cure for the common cold, or a new app, or something.

Dreaming of sheep
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

24.03.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87825487

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more