The h2g2 Post 20.01.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 20th January 2014

Following Our Noses

All these virgins are making the Rhine cruise a drag. You know, there's a reason you read h2g2, instead of those other websites. It's the content. Those other people follow the trends. If it's a holiday, why then, everybody's in a holiday mood. If the latest buzz is all about the most desirable movie star, they're right there with the hot pics. All the while, they're urging you to buy, buy, buy. Not us.

Instead, we're inviting you to wonder at the tale of St Ursula and her 11,000 virgins. It was quite the urban legend, back in the day. Speaking of legends, Bengal Tiger's brought us a treat, all the way from India. The Mahabharata may not be in the news headlines, but this ancient epic is a world treasure. You're going to enjoy it. Forget Game of Thrones. We've got Arjjuna!

The Create Challenge writers have outdone themselves, again. They're here to take you on amazing journeys. Magwitch has been up a hill, and gone through a mountain. Take that, Hugh Grant. SashaQ shows us that venturing from home can be an adventure, while pebblederook invokes the magic name of Belgium. Who could resist its siren call?

We don't set our minds by the internet clock. We take time to smell the roses, and admire the Green Man.Rod's making progress, and boy, are we interested. Awix lets us pause to reflect on history, courtesy of the cinema, and benjaminpmoore reminds us to look both ways – in more ways than one.

We've hidden a chuckle or two in here, and possibly stirred up a hornet's nest with the quiz, but hey, it's all good. We keep reading, and talking,and who knows? Someday soon, the rest of those websites will wake up to the fact that we world users won't be dictated to. We'll think what we want, when we want to. We'll read, write, and encourage each other in the global republic of letters.

So enjoy! Leave a comment or two. And if you've got a story to tell, or a picture to share, or even a joke that's burning a hole in your brain, let us know about it!

Enjoy your week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

HORIZONS
  • Wattled ibis by Willem
  • .

  • The road goes on.


VIEWS

CLASSICS

  • That was one bad fruitcake.
  • Krishna and Arjjuna blowing the conch.

PEOPLE

JOURNEYS
  • Aliens go on a spree.
  • .

  • Rod's Green Man keeps growing.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87817314

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more